Auto Control Presets with position and pan timing

critterles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm trying to set up 2 ipcams that will point to 1 position and then 5 minutes later point to another and then a third. After that it will go back to position 1 and loop through the 3 again. I've tried Blue Iris but I'm having a bit of trouble getting the preset programs to continually loop.
Does anyone have suggestions for a software that could do this? I'm using Foscam18910W cams.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue iris can do this easily. Post a screenshot of your settings-you just have something set wrong...note the with cheap cameras like the foscams, the camera itself will eventually lose its bearings as to where it is pointing.

critterles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is the Pan Setting where the timing is set. Thank you for the help. It almost works but the timing is no where near the setting of 120 seconds. One loop and then it stops.

critterles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is the Pan setting page. It only loops once and the timeing is much longer than the setting of 120 seconds. Thank you for any suggestions.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What exact version of blue iris are you using?
also you have profiles 1, 2, 3 set, is your schedule on profile 1, 2 or 3?

critterles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry it took me so long to answer. The image I loaded locked my login to the forum. I don't have any profiles. Blue Iris Ver.3.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry it took me so long to answer. The image I loaded locked my login to the forum. I don't have any profiles. Blue Iris Ver.3.
What specific version of 3...because i noticed a slightly different outlay for the ptz in mine..

critterles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's the Demo version.. 3.03.09 I'm running this on a remote computer to control cams at an office site. I don't know if that is causing the problems.

critterles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you, I thought I did get this from the Blue Iris Web site. Thanks for all your help. I will try another download.

critterles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman, I was able to go to download.com and get version 4.0.0.14 The version the Blue Iris site had seemed to be what I had loaded before. maybe this newer version will solve my problems.
Thank again for taking the time to help

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman, I was able to go to download.com and get version 4.0.0.14 The version the Blue Iris site had seemed to be what I had loaded before. maybe this newer version will solve my problems.
Thank again for taking the time to help
No problem....let us know if it works... 4.0.0.14 is an earlier release and may be buggy. Make sure to apply the latest update...http://blueirissoftware.com/updates/
Choose 32 or 64 bit depending on the version you installed
On that note, I should have mentioned earlier that when you install you have the option of installing 32 or 64 bit (if your os is 64)...unless you have a specific need for 64- like a memory issues, only present with many cams (15-20+) you should install the 32 bit. At this time 64 bit is more buggy than the 32...

critterles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I loaded the 64 bit version and the preset is so much easier to set up. Everything is working perfectly now. I will make sure to update to the more current version as soon as I make the purchase. Thanks to you that should happen soon.
Thanks again

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Great!...you can update to the latest without purchasing...