Auto Export of Flagged Alerts to 2nd Drive

Jose R.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I hate asking this question because I'm sure it's been discussed before but I can't seem to find the setup in the help file of BI nor on the forum after searching.

I'd like flagged alerts to be saved and offloaded to a second standard 1tb drive installed in my BI PC. That way they aren't using space on the main purple drive for revolving regular recordings.

For example, I see something I want to archive, flag it, and it gets offloaded to the second drive where it stays saved permanently. And not the whole clip, just the active seconds of alert while there's active motion.

It can be moved immediately, or when it's slated for normal overwrite from new recordings. Doesn't matter.

Is there a setting for this? Does anyone do anything similar to this? The reasoning is to not slowly decrease my total recording space over time on the purple drive as I save little clips here and there. Also they'd be safer on another drive that's basically idle all the time and not the purple which is cranking away 24/7.

Thanks, all!

TnGoat

n3wb
Reaction score
+1 for an answer to this. My goal is to have:
  • "storage" folder that is a 24/7 recording of the cameras that I keep for 7 days
  • "alert" folder that stores the video (including pre/post buffer) clips when there is an alert for 21 days.
I did find this thread which implies the way to do this is two "cameras" per camera: How to archive video of motion alerts?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can set up a clone camera in BI to process only alerts and have the alerts and video written to the second drive. A properly setup clone drive does not require addition data transfer from the camera.