Auto startup error 80040154

epowers777

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I bit the bullet and finally loaded windows 10 on my laptop. I loaded Blue Iris and set up my computer to restart everyday. Upon startup I have Blue Iris Auto boot through task scheduler. When it starts Blue Iris it gives me an error 80040154 but if I x out of that window my cameras are running in the background. How can I fix this?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I bit the bullet and finally loaded windows 10 on my laptop. I loaded Blue Iris and set up my computer to restart everyday. Upon startup I have Blue Iris Auto boot through task scheduler. When it starts Blue Iris it gives me an error 80040154 but if I x out of that window my cameras are running in the background. How can I fix this?
Did you perform a clean install?

epowers777

n3wb
Reaction score
No I did an upgrade. I loaded Blue Iris so many times I didn't want to loose the camera settings. When I click on the blue Iris admin shortcut it boots just fine and doesn't show the error just the cameras. Remember when I x out of the error (after Auto boot) the cameras are running fine in the background.

I went into bi setting startup and checked the service box and unchecked the require admin. I removed the shortcut for the schtask I created and replace with blue Iris admin shortcut. It didn't work

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Always do a clean install... always...you can backup all settings make sure you have the key...

epowers777

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh and how do I back up settings? I'm assuming it will save all my cameras?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh and how do I back up settings? I'm assuming it will save all my cameras?
I meant a clean windows install using MS media creation tool...download from MS free.
blue iris options>about it will export all settings except the license key. It is REALLY important to have a clean windows install for any system...these in place upgrades are useless.

Slate2000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a file layout for the export settings for individual cameras? Camera settings -> General Tab? I'd like to read (via c#) through them (for all my cameras) and build XML or CSV files. Then I can import to something like excel and line up the camera parms side by side to verify that all the parms are the same or not. Some parms I like the same across all my cams and some I don't...

Slate2000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry. I didn't take the time to actually look at the files themselves. Since they are in a .reg format I can look for existing apis or .net helpers. I'm going to look at Registry Key Objects for a start...

Slate2000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay I have been humbled. For one camera there are over hundreds and hundreds of registry key entries. And even then I have no way of knowing what the dword/hex values mean. The entry names are mostly decipherable but even here many are hard to make out. Well let's just say this project is DOA! lol

I must say though that placing all these entries into the registry is a neat clean way to keep them all organized, easy to maintain, and most importantly backup/restore when needed.