Auto Track problems

WTFG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi i have a SD59230U-HNI, i have three presets with intrusion and tripwire in each preset
Should I have auto track enabled?
It seem to auto track some what but not like i would like
I thought i read on her to turn auto track off, so i did
I also used fixed cameras to trip the ptz ,it seem if i keep moving it doesn't always stay with me
Also when I trip it from a stationary camera the ptz goes there and stays, it doesn't follow me when i move.
Than after a minute it goes back to preset 1, witch i have it set to do
Thanks Terry

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Look at post 89 here for some thoughts:

Most have had success, including me, with multiple trip wires. If you have one trip wire, add 5 more LOL

Flavacali

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi i have a SD59230U-HNI, i have three presets with intrusion and tripwire in each preset
Should I have auto track enabled?
It seem to auto track some what but not like i would like
I thought i read on her to turn auto track off, so i did
I also used fixed cameras to trip the ptz ,it seem if i keep moving it doesn't always stay with me
Also when I trip it from a stationary camera the ptz goes there and stays, it doesn't follow me when i move.
Than after a minute it goes back to preset 1, witch i have it set to do
Thanks Terry
I had that same camera 1 month ago video quality was great auto tracking was horrible, all the posts said auto tracking is a git or miss, I returned my dahua an bought a hikivision ds-2de4a425iw-de couldn't be happier, right out box the auto tracking is 100 percent, the video quality isn't as great at night as duhua, but auto tracking effectiveness makes up for it, if you bought the camera just for auto tracking get rid if it,will cause you many problems, firmware updates are a mess Trying to find the latest.

WTFG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If i walk through a tripwire from a stationary camera it will draw the ptz the the right preset, but than it stays there and wont track me as i walk around
After the minute i have set it returns to preset 1
Any ideas why it wont track ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If i walk through a tripwire from a stationary camera it will draw the ptz the the right preset, but than it stays there and wont track me as i walk around
After the minute i have set it returns to preset 1
Any ideas why it wont track ?
Do you have a lot of tripwires on the PTZ preset - if not, it probably isn't tripped? It may take a moment for the PTZ to catch up.

Also need to confirm that there isn't a time delay in tracking motion after the PTZ has moved to a preset.