Dahua poor auto tracking - What am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
The SD5932xa-hnr is fantastic haven't had a failed track yet. Been running solid about 2 weeks now.

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I love my Dahua cameras...except for advanced features. If you guys ever get autotracking working that would be awesome.

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am running the SD6CE245U-HNI, haven't spent a ton of time on the tracking as it was sooo flakey.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I would like to ask you guys/girls if the PTZ speed(Low/Medium/fast) matters, when it comes to tracking?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@sorka - cannot wait to hear the results of the new Sunba motherboard!

Meanwhile, many may recall earlier I posted that my neighbors recently purchased PTZ1A225U-IRA-N auto-tracking wasn't working very well. I have since played with it some more and it is now auto tracking very well.

Auto track I don't believe is a plug and play and you need to adjust it and work with it based on it's location.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It would be nice, if you could add some pointers here.
I followed what were in these two threads:

It was a lot of playing and testing what was mentioned in these threads to get it to perform the way we wanted. My biggest takeaway, for his situation anyway, was to use IVS tripwires and lots of them!

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I still don't understand what type of IVS rule to use, in which situation. Do I need intrusion and tripwire at the same time, or only one?
I remember, that in the beginning I just enabled the auto tracking, and it was following movements, but after I have reset it(not factory), it does not move at all, only manually.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I still don't understand what type of IVS rule to use, in which situation. Do I need intrusion and tripwire at the same time, or only one?
I remember, that in the beginning I just enabled the auto tracking, and it was following movements, but after I have reset it(not factory), it does not move at all, only manually.
I tried them all and the only one that worked consistently was the trip wire and lots of them.

seez52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried them all and the only one that worked consistently was the trip wire and lots of them.
My biggest complaint is that once the camera zooms in to do an autotrack, it really never zooms back out much. Mine is set on long driveway and when some comes toward the camera from the far distance, it zooms in to track them, but as they get closer it really never zooms out much to keep them in view.

I've not tried using tripwires. Are you using trip wires along the path to improve the tracking?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@seez52 - yeah, for the driveway, we did trip wire along each "long" part to try to catch someone when they step on the driveway (those rarely trip), so we then ran trip wires along every concrete joint and one in between each joint and then did a few diagonals and it will zoom in and out depending on their distance from the camera. I think as it crosses each trip wire it readjusts the zoom factor.

seez52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@seez52 - yeah, for the driveway, we did trip wire along each "long" part to try to catch someone when they step on the driveway (those rarely trip), so we then ran trip wires along every concrete joint and one in between each joint and then did a few diagonals and it will zoom in and out depending on their distance from the camera. I think as it crosses each trip wire it readjusts the zoom factor.
Thanks, I'll try that. I really haven't done a good nuts and bolts check on this, but of late it seems to be less accurate than when I first set it up.

We have an obstacle course for a driveway. If it has rained the puddles are full of water and sometimes when a car hits those and the water splashes out the camera will take off and follow the water and then its off in the weeds somewhere to never come back until it resumes the pre-set.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I have both set on tripwire and intrusion, shouldn't be problem as long as you set the rules as practical as possible

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
What are your shutter speed (exposure) and DNR settings? Those are the two most important settings for motion blur. Looks very light out for 9:14pm...

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I have reset the camera, so my old good settings are all gone. It is on Auto. Only the LPR is at 1/2000. Everything else is on Auto. I have to start from scratch, I have to set up pretty much all my cameras and I don't have the old settings anymore.
Up to this point, they were just running with some minimal setting, but now I'm finishing up my mancave and I'm redoing everything and finalizing all the settings, shortening the wires as needed, etc.
I could also use help on setting up the tripwires in that pictures. I have set up like 9 rules, but it does not work, as I expected too. For example, I have a vertical line on the right edge of the image on the sidewalk, right? If a person crosses it from right to left, the camera won't turn left and start following that person, it goes the opposite, toward right and it stops on the garage wall.
I will, take a picture later on with my lines.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried messaging @Wildcat_1 ?

I have reset the camera, so my old good settings are all gone. It is on Auto. Only the LPR is at 1/2000. Everything else is on Auto. I have to start from scratch, I have to set up pretty much all my cameras and I don't have the old settings anymore.
Up to this point, they were just running with some minimal setting, but now I'm finishing up my mancave and I'm redoing everything and finalizing all the settings, shortening the wires as needed, etc.
I could also use help on setting up the tripwires in that pictures. I have set up like 9 rules, but it does not work, as I expected too. For example, I have a vertical line on the right edge of the image on the sidewalk, right? If a person crosses it from right to left, the camera won't turn left and start following that person, it goes the opposite, toward right and it stops on the garage wall.
I will, take a picture later on with my lines.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
So start by setting your resolution to 1/120 at night, DNR 40, bitrate 8192, FPS and Iframe the same. I would get the image right first and then play with IVS