Auto tracking capabilities?

towster

n3wb
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a camera with auto tracking (SD52C225U-HNI) but I am trying to figure out if the autotracking will work for my use case. It is basically unpredictable movement of two people in a confined space. Here is a youtube video recorded by a human tracking to give you an idea of what I am trying to track.
So if the camera is tracking motion say right to left and the target turns around how quickly will the autotracking respond to the change in direction?

Since there are two targets that are always relatively close together is there any way to make sure that both of them are kept in the scene?

Anyone out there with that camera able to post a video of autotracking this kind of motion?

Thanks

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't think it is going to work for your situation. AT is not smart enough to stay locked on a subject for a long time. You can set to 10 mins with Dahua cams but I have yet to see any of my cams do even 5 mins. Even with AT set with no rules set up, it does not like to follow with great accuracy.

towster

n3wb
Reaction score
Could you configure the camera to move to a preset location if it sees motion in an area? (sorry if this is a dumb question)

I am imagining having eleven preset locations and each of them would have an area that would trigger motion..
Something like this with #6 be the default preset location and the orange parts be motion sensitive areas..
If it sees motion on the right side of #6 preset it would pan the camera to the #7 preset..
upload_2017-12-8_18-11-44.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You will never be able to do this...you need a human..

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes we have three of these cameras and there no where near auto tracking for security. Its very hit and miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi towster I did that experiment in the drive way with the cheap hikvision
I still have no internet out
Like I said it is very gimmicky It will track the speed running up and down but then it will zoom in too for a limited time
but if a car or tree blow in its field of vision it goes off and tracks that for its preset time very hit and miss
Like it’s been said you need a human controlling the camera via a ptz control
Console then the $$$$ start adding up quickly
But as a training tool that cost is subjective to your hobby and what you will get out of it

towster

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok so fine it sounds like autotracking is out... Yo manufacturers if you hear this step up your game guys..

Any idea of the camera can be configured to move to a preset location based on seeing movement in the current preset location? (see my post above)

towster

n3wb
Reaction score
Soloshot will not work indoors until they release their indoor accessory. Even then the price will be about $900 and for that much I could simply buy multiple still cameras and record them all.