Auto tracking ptz ip camera and MINI PTZ IP Camera V2 Update file 20161017

shojus102

n3wb
Reaction score
Works fine on the 4X I received on 10/20, no issues to report.
Thanks for the reply! I am looking to see if anyone had had success on the 10x camera and what, if any, improvements it gave.

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys maybe I missed it but when i try to unzip the two upgrade files i am asked for a password anyone has the password to open both files? TIA

Luis

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
You don't need to unzip the firmware file - the camera does that itself as part of the update process.
Unless you are curious about the contents of the firmware ...

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You don't need to unzip the firmware file - the camera does that itself as part of the update process.
Unless you are curious about the contents of the firmware ...
thanks
i didn't realized the update was already setup to work in the zip file.

AsX

n3wb
Reaction score
Works fine on my 10x YC-110AR. Had to update the kernel. Don't really see anything working better that the firmware the camera came with (I think September build), but don't seem to hurt updating.

shojus102

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, good to know, as I have the same camera and just wanting to make sure that it does not screw anything up... Can you do me a favor and check to see if it's correctly identifying your sd card and also recording to that card properly for playback? Also, under "Time Settings" in the system tab, can you see if the "Test" button gives you a message other than it failing? So far I have not been able to properly get the cam to acquire the time correctly from the proper NTP server. Lastly, is it showing a model number under "Basic Information"? I appreciate any feedback you can give! Thanks

AsX

n3wb
Reaction score
Recording to SD is fine, I do motion alarm recordings all the time and it works. Well, as good as the motion is detected anyway.

Time Test works with success, but you have to specify a server. I set mine to time.windows.com. For some reason Time Zone is wrong and I have to set it an hour off (probably summer time not counted), but it was the same with the previous firmware.

Model is not shown, it's blank.

shojus102

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok great! Mine has NEVER worked for the proper time as of yet, and I have tried everything, so maybe I will just take the plunge on this firmware. Thanks a bunch for the quick response, much appreciated!

ilrider78

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I am looking to see if anyone had had success on the 10x camera and what, if any, improvements it gave.
No problem! Also updated 2 of my 10X's with no issues. SD works fine, no rebooting, and no focus issues. Can't tell if image quality has improved, looks about the same just by looking at previous videos. Been cloudy at my location so can't compare feed from sunny days.

thap143

n3wb
Reaction score
any suggestions on un-bricking a failed upgrade? my v2 kept rebooting and thought will upgrade the firmware. went till 55% and failed. now no movement :(

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
View attachment 11787View attachment 11791View attachment 11792View attachment 11788View attachment 11789View attachment 11790

Upgrade only to upgrade the ROM chip. Chip must be S2L, models must ( YC-110AR, YC-110AR-AU,YC-HD785R-20X,YC-HD785R-20XA) . Upgrade recommendations directly connected to the computer upgrade. Network can not be interrupted.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-S...583148851.html

Model number :YC-110AR (IMX322+S2L)

Aliexpress.com : Buy 2016 MINI 2nd Generation New Model 2.0MP Waterproof 1080P(Full HD) with ALarm and Audio with POE Sony CMOS IP PTZ Camera CCTV from Reliable generator governor suppliers on CCTV System Shop

Model number :YC-110AR-AU (IMX322+S2L)

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...323387569.html

Model number:YC-HD785R-20X (IMX322+S2L)

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...620546202.html

Model number:YC-HD785R-20XA

Store link address

CCTV IP Camera - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling nvr 16ch,nvr p2p,nvr mini and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cZwyogJO

The upgrade order must first be (IPNC S2l2.0.1_build 20161012152123)
If you not Zoom and then upgrade(UPG_S_Kernel_201609141149)

After the upgrade, if not zoom. Please upgrade (UPG_S_Kernel_201609141149)
other time version only need to upgrade a file(IPNC_S2l2.0.1_build20161012152123) ,20160809--20160914 version needs to upgrade the kernel file(UPG_S_Kernel_201609141149),if not zoom.
Ran this upgrade on 2 X10 V2's and X4 V2 without a problem, slight improvement on night vision.

Also ran it on the original X4 from Monica (Huisun) but had to do the focus dance again, (SET preset 85, then CALL preset 65 twice). Will check on this one tonight.

I also have 2 X3 V1's which have Am_A5S so I did not run it on them, but they have been rock steady all along.

kantzow

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok I just updated my Mini PTZ with this firmware. After flashing the first file the camera image was really bad and zooming did not work. I flashed the updated kernel and now the image is back normal and clear, however the PTZ controls are inverted and the PTZ does not seems to reset after power cycle (i.e. for PTZ calibration).

Also, the camera is working with the HIKVISION protocol of the Hikvision NVR for image display but the PTZ control are NOT working - you get the message "Operation failed or no permission".

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
however the PTZ controls are inverted and the PTZ does not seems to reset after power cycle (i.e. for PTZ calibration).
How comfortable would you be with working with the internals of this camera?
A member was good enough to supply me with the PTZ invert fix, but I have not shared it on here because :
I haven't used it or tested it.
There are fixes for several models, so you'd need to take a peek inside the running system to check out what existing control is in use. Having said that, though, the fix is packaged as a regular firmware patch update.

kantzow

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with opening it up to do what I need to do. Let me know.

kantzow

n3wb
Reaction score
UPDATE 22 Nov 2016

I flashed a firmware file provided by members of this forum, the result was a success in restoring the PTZ motion. The firmware file is only 8KB leading me to believe this is only a minor fix, perhaps a few parameters. Regardless the fix worked.

I've attached the firmware update here, I used this with my camera after updating using the firmware and kernel in this thread.

ALL FLASHING IS AT YOUR OWN RISK - Don't embark on these ventures if you are not prepared to brick your device in case something goes wrong.

NOTE: The applied patch did not fix the issue with Hikvision NVR not being able to control PTZ on the camera. This issue remains.

Attachments

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I flashed a firmware file provided by members of this forum, the result was a success in restoring the PTZ motion.
Hey, well done!
I'm curious how you decided which patch to use.
Did you look at what was already there and just pick the one named the same?