Avemia DVR Viewing

Reaction score
My work has a camera DVR system made by a company called Avemia.

It is like this DVRB1636S H.264 4MP 5-IN1 RECORDING STANDALONE DVR - 16 CHANNELS 2TB HDD

The PC software is unusable. I have tired reaching out to their support directly but I am not getting any kind of response from them.

My next step was to try and get Blue Iris up and running with it. I have used Blue Iris at home and I am a big fan of the software and the community.

All I want to do is use the Blue Iris to view the cameras on a monitor in the managers office. I can still use the DVR to record everything. It will be for live monitoring only.

I have spent a few hours reading and tinkering but I have not been able to get a camera to work on Blue Iris.

When I do the auto scan I receive the following

HTTP Get / request...
OK
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
HTTP 501
Opening 192.168.0.115 port 6060...
HTTP 12031
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

Using the the generic /RTSP H.264 I am getting socket error 10053.

Any assistance would be really appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My work has a camera DVR system made by a company called Avemia.

It is like this DVRB1636S H.264 4MP 5-IN1 RECORDING STANDALONE DVR - 16 CHANNELS 2TB HDD

The PC software is unusable. I have tired reaching out to their support directly but I am not getting any kind of response from them.

My next step was to try and get Blue Iris up and running with it. I have used Blue Iris at home and I am a big fan of the software and the community.

All I want to do is use the Blue Iris to view the cameras on a monitor in the managers office. I can still use the DVR to record everything. It will be for live monitoring only.

I have spent a few hours reading and tinkering but I have not been able to get a camera to work on Blue Iris.

When I do the auto scan I receive the following

HTTP Get / request...
OK
HTTP 501
Opening 192.168.0.115 port 6060...
HTTP 12031
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

Using the the generic /RTSP H.264 I am getting socket error 10053.

Any assistance would be really appreciated.
avemia is on the dropdown list, try that first.

Reaction score
avemia is on the dropdown list, try that first.
I tried the Avemia with the ports that were auto added and received error - refused - check IP address and Port. I then tried it with the ports that I pulled from the settings of the DVR and received the socket error -10053 again.