Axis camera firmware makes cameras stop working with my NAS

boxgranch

n3wb
Reaction score
Axis recently sent out a firmware update on my cameras. They had cheerfully been working with my Synology NAS for recording. The firmware update appears to have broken that when using the Companion software. Anyone else have issues? Prior to the update, the cameras happily saw the NAS and configured a folder on it. Now they ask for a username and password on the NAS and when given it, they ask for another. I tried creating new users for each camera as suggested in the documentation, but no joy. I fear theonly way around it is to purchase one of the recommended NAS units or an Axis recorder, but would welcome suggestions. I dislike the SD card solution as someone could just take the camera and card.

I have not approached Axis. I am a homeowner buying stuff from B&H and I assume Axis is more focused on the pros.

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Axis recently sent out a firmware update on my cameras. They had cheerfully been working with my Synology NAS for recording. The firmware update appears to have broken that when using the Companion software. Anyone else have issues? Prior to the update, the cameras happily saw the NAS and configured a folder on it. Now they ask for a username and password on the NAS and when given it, they ask for another. I tried creating new users for each camera as suggested in the documentation, but no joy. I fear theonly way around it is to purchase one of the recommended NAS units or an Axis recorder, but would welcome suggestions. I dislike the SD card solution as someone could just take the camera and card.

I have not approached Axis. I am a homeowner buying stuff from B&H and I assume Axis is more focused on the pros.

Thanks!
Contact Axis, you dont have to tell them you are an end user.
Also, you dont have to purchase an axis recorder..you can run companion on a pc.

boxgranch

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I will try Axis. I have been running Companion on PC's and Androids and until the firmware update, all was happy with the recording going to the NAS. Maybe they will have some idea.

PepitoT120

n3wb
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me today after upgrading my AXIS P3375-LVE cameras from firmware 9.30.1 to 9.40.1

QNAP Surveillance no longer works ... it keeps asking for camera password which no longer work but neither does the Axis factory combination (root/pass)

Did you get a resolution to this @boxgranch ?

FelixDKat

n3wb
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me today after upgrading my AXIS P3375-LVE cameras from firmware 9.30.1 to 9.40.1

QNAP Surveillance no longer works ... it keeps asking for camera password which no longer work but neither does the Axis factory combination (root/pass)

Did you get a resolution to this @boxgranch ?
9.40.1:F6
Removed the root users default password in factory defaulted firmware. The
password of the root user must be set first in order to initialize VAPIX and
ONVIF interfaces to allow further configuration.
This change only affects products in its factory defaulted state, products that
are already deployed in production systems are not affected by this update until
factory defaulted. For more information please see