AXIS M1065 Camera Focus

Bink

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, I finally picked up an AXIS camera. Yay. After having used a different brand for so long, the AXIS’s software quality and firmware updates are a welcome change.

In setting up this camera for the first time, and reviewing the documentation on page 8 at , it appears I can unlock the focus, adjust it and then relock it:
  1. Turn the focus lock ring counter clockwise to unlock the focus ring.
  2. Turn the focus ring to adjust the focus.
  3. Turn the focus lock ring clockwise to lock the position of the focus ring.
While it appears I can do steps 1 and 3, all step 2 does is turn the outer focus lock ring mentioned in steps 1 and 3—the inner focus ring in step 2 does not appear to be able to turn independently.

Hopefully I explained this correctly. If so, what am I missing?

Cheers.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So, I finally picked up an AXIS camera. Yay. After having used a different brand for so long, the AXIS’s software quality and firmware updates are a welcome change.

In setting up this camera for the first time, and reviewing the documentation on page 8 at , it appears I can unlock the focus, adjust it and then relock it:

While it appears I can do steps 1 and 3, all step 2 does is turn the outer focus lock ring mentioned in steps 1 and 3—the inner focus ring in step 2 does not appear to be able to turn independently.

Hopefully I explained this correctly. If so, what am I missing?

Cheers.
You probably need to apply more force and hold the focus ring lock in place as you move the focus ring.
This is a discontinued camera with a crappy 1/3 sensor. Hopefully you paid very little for it.

Bink

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ha. Yes, I didn’t pay much for it—it’s my first foray into AXIS at a price that won’t break the bank.

I have given the lock ring quite a few turns counter clockwise—till it can’t turn any more. I feel I’ve used a good amount of force on the focus ring—while holding the lock ring—and I’m afraid more force might break something.

Bink

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, after not touching the camera for a while, I decided to revisit this and popped off the cover of the camera. I proceeded to completely unscrew the focus lock ring and, upon doing so, I was able to easily see and understand the very simple mechanism that’s used for focusing the camera. I proceeded to far more easily turn the rings once they were unscrewed from the camera—and I think that might have loosened them up a bit—and I, ultimately, corrected the camera’s focus.

Hope this helps someone else!