Axis m3205-lve orange red blinking

Nexus31

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello I tried looking around for a post. But none gave me a solid answer.
I am starting this camera Poe but for some reason as of the 70 a few of them are blinking red and orange and I cannot find them what exactly does a red and orange blinking signify arrow wise.

Thanks in advance.
The system I'm using with these cameras is milestone

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello I tried looking around for a post. But none gave me a solid answer.
I am starting this camera Poe but for some reason as of the 70 a few of them are blinking red and orange and I cannot find them what exactly does a red and orange blinking signify arrow wise.

Thanks in advance.
The system I'm using with these cameras is milestone

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think I remember steady orange when booting, and flashing orange when performing a firmware update.

So combined with Fenderman's link, I guess the orange is indicating a firmware update and flashes red as it fails. This is in an endless loop.

Are these cameras brand new or bought used off someone?
If they're second hand I guess they have bricked them and couldn't recover it. Although I hope this is not the case for yours.

Hopefully there is some recovery in holding down the reset button and performing a full factory reset.
The camera model you've said looks to be within warranty period, I'd contact Axis support. Axis products have a large price tag and that's for the support, so use it!

Nexus31

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I remember steady orange when booting, and flashing orange when performing a firmware update.

So combined with Fenderman's link, I guess the orange is indicating a firmware update and flashes red as it fails. This is in an endless loop.

Are these cameras brand new or bought used off someone?
If they're second hand I guess they have bricked them and couldn't recover it. Although I hope this is not the case for yours.

Hopefully there is some recovery in holding down the reset button and performing a full factory reset.
The camera model you've said looks to be within warranty period, I'd contact Axis support. Axis products have a large price tag and that's for the support, so use it!
Thanks for the reply, these cameras are brand new. I'm going to the site today to do the cat 6 signal test but I am leaving towards it meaning as you mentioned the firmware not booting in properly.

Thanks