B&H Authorized Reseller of Hikvision

lacibaci

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just discovered that B&H is now an Authorized Reseller of Hikvision. For those looking for US warranty...

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
...good luck claiming on that directly from Hikvision if you aren't an installer.

OK if B&H provide a guarantee themselves but otherwise makes no difference.

lacibaci

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hikvision themselves list B&H as authorized resellers so it should not be a problem.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That makes no difference. Give it a try...

Hikvision do not provide support to end-users. Doesn't matter if you buy it from B&H or not.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That makes no difference. Give it a try...

Hikvision do not provide support to end-users. Doesn't matter if you buy it from B&H or not.
I dont believe this is the case. They will provide support if you purchased from an authorized reseller, its not like they will ask you to mail in your installer license with the camera. You may have to go through BandH for warranty returns as I suspect is the case with all other distributors, not sure.. When I had a firmware issue with an older hikvision camera they provided telephone support to me no questions, never had to provide any info. BandH has a dedicated department for surveillance you anyone interested can email them and confirm.surveillance@bandh.com

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I dont believe this is the case. They will provide support if you purchased from an authorized reseller, its not like they will ask you to mail in your installer license with the camera. You may have to go through BandH for warranty returns as I suspect is the case with all other distributors, not sure.. When I had a firmware issue with an older hikvision camera they provided telephone support to me no questions, never had to provide any info. BandH has a dedicated department for surveillance you anyone interested can email them and confirm.surveillance@bandh.com

In that case apologies are due... this is 100% not the case in the UK and I had heard of issues with Hikvision asking who did you buy it off etc etc. I know they have not given support when people have bought from Wrightwood for example.

But still. If the price @ B&H is reasonable then I would get from them. But if it's 50% marked up like the so called UK "authorised resellers" (who aren't!) then no-way.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In that case apologies are due... this is 100% not the case in the UK and I had heard of issues with Hikvision asking who did you buy it off etc etc. I know they have not given support when people have bought from Wrightwood for example.

But still. If the price @ B&H is reasonable then I would get from them. But if it's 50% marked up like the so called UK "authorised resellers" (who aren't!) then no-way.
Wrightwood was never an authorized reseller, in fact they were listed as unauthorized. BandH's prices seem in line with all other official resellers. You cannot expect china prices.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll stick with Milkisbad and be done with it. Not only is he a great guy, but he is on here all time, and an authorized dealer and he knows Hikvision in and out!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
+1 blake. And you get free support from all of us on here! It's the sending it back to China bit I'm against.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
+1 blake. And you get free support from all of us on here! It's the sending it back to China bit I'm against.
Milkisbad is based in the US, ships and sold from the US.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi fenderman... sorry I was still talking about Hikvision from Ali, not equipment from milkisbad. (I will word things better in future)

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
PM @milkisbad and ask for a catalogue. He deals with LTS which are rebranded (I may be using the wrong word) but his products are great and he provides great support. And he's a US seller.

Last edited by a moderator:

byee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
B&H Authorized Reseller of Hikvision

fenderman,

Your statements are absolutely true. Authorized resellers are just licensed installers. Based on my discussion with HIKIVISION a while back, resellers are not allowed to sell them online...breaches agreement.

In the case of BH Photo, warranty will be thru BH Photo. No difference buying them from amazon and/or eBay.

Just my thoughts.

+1 for Milkisbad

I've ordered 8 cameras from milkisbad and planning on ordering another 4

Last edited by a moderator: