Backing up clips offsite?

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Scenario: BI machine is in a rack in the garage, a break in happens, and the BI machine is stolen. All CCTV is now gone.

Solution: Backup clip which AI detects as "person" on certain cameras to a folder which is automatically synced to say OneDrive or Google Drive... in theory, by time they steal the BI machine, at least those clips are backed up and safe.

Thoughts? Risks? Issues? Alterative solutions?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't back up to offsite but suggest you could try this for a time, right here on IPCT ==>> Blue Iris Cloud

It's done with FTP, but I'm sure about automating it, though....perhaps Windows Task Scheduler?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Scenario: BI machine is in a rack in the garage, a break in happens, and the BI machine is stolen. All CCTV is now gone.

Solution: Backup clip which AI detects as "person" on certain cameras to a folder which is automatically synced to say OneDrive or Google Drive... in theory, by time they steal the BI machine, at least those clips are backed up and safe.

Thoughts? Risks? Issues? Alterative solutions?
what if they cut your cable line? You can have another local backup. You would need short file times otherwise you may end up with a corrupt file. Thieves dont steal server racks or desktops...You should have an alarm system that which would give them only a few minuets inside.

djborden

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How about a remote USB drive that is well hidden or secured, or another hidden mini PC or NAS in the home you sync or FTP to.