Backup doorbell firmware

Rattletrap

n3wb
Reaction score
Purchased a Uniden U-bell DB1 and I want to check out the Hik 6003 and maybe the Nelly's firmware. Both Hik and Nelly's latest firmware versions are freely available, but I can't find a download for the Uniden firmware or any way to back it up in case I want to go back.
Is there a way to back up the existing firmware before updating the unit?

Last edited:

Rattletrap

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know, I haven't received the camera yet. The documentation is pretty thin from all the sellers rebranding this. I was hoping someone here might have one and know.

Reaction score
I would not worry about backing up the 'original' firmware. There are numerous versions from Nelly's Security, LTS Security, and others available. Every time they've updated the firmware, it has generally gotten better and more reliable.

Rattletrap

n3wb
Reaction score
I've had this running for about a week now with no issues. Running FW 171225. I thought about trying the latest firmware, but worried it might have the "subscriber not available" audio if unanswered and I can't find 171225 to roll back if that is the case. Can anyone verify if 180809 has that audio or not? Or a maybe download link for 171225?

Rattletrap

n3wb
Reaction score
Best bet, if it's not broke, don't fix it.
LOL. Yeah, that's definitely the plan unless I know I can quickly roll back. I just like to keep all of my stuff up to date whenever possible. So far, this little thing is pretty amazing just how it is for only $50.