Backup UPS for NVR5416-4ks

river100

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone know if Dahua NVRs need pure sign wave UPS ?
Would hate to pop it, this one wasn't cheap.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I can't provide the answer, just noting that the answer could be different for POE vs. non-POE models since they use a different power supply.

keithl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First your UPS is only providing power when the main AC is off. Sure Pure Sine Wave is best, but costly. I have 8 UPSes in my home protecting my very expensive home theater, and many computers. I have been using CyberPower 1500VA models for years, long enough that I just swapped out the aging batteries after 4 years on many of these. While feeding stepped square wave power into many power supplies can produce some extra heat, I have yet to have a problem with anything. I have my NVR5216-4KS2 on a regular stepped square wave UPS without issue. Modern power supplies are actually very robust.

river100

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can't provide the answer, just noting that the answer could be different for POE vs. non-POE models since they use a different power supply.
fyi this unit is on sale for 100...though it likely does not need it...
CyberPower CP1000PFCLCD PFC Sinewave UPS System CP1000PFCLCD B&H

The friend that i'm helping with the camera system already bought a APC
Any of the NVR's with the external power supply really don't need a PFC type UPS. My 5216 runs fine on a non-PFC UPS, also Cyberpower.

river100

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This NVR has an internal PSU, similar to a pc supply.