Bad experience with Huisun mini-PTZ

fcanete

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi to all, as I've commented in the main thread, I've found several problems with my mini-PTZ Huisun camera.

The camera was received the last thursday, (12/10/2015), and when I try to configure, I've found these problems:

• The live image is a black picture with a timestamp.
  • No PTZ controls.

I tried several power sources, including POE swiches, and last, a industrial grade power source,giving 12VCC, and 5A capable.

Also, I've tested Onvif Device Manager and Blue Iris, with the same result... The camera came defective, and is unusable.
Monica gave me different replies about the communication with the engineer; I e-mailed her everyday, and until the last thursday (12/17/2015), I've not received a serious answer to my problem: a new firmware to solve this, and a chinese software to reset the admin password.

Well, I follow these steps...

1. Using Internet Explorer (firefox returns error), I charged the new firmware in the camera as stated in the first document; the firmware charged succesfully, and the camera rebooted.

2. Using the software BatchControl, I reset the admin password to new password: "admin" (without quotes).

3. Now I can detect the camera in the address 192.168.0.99; I change the address to 192.168.2.250 to grant access to the camera in my internal network.

4. I uninstall the older version of WebPlugin, and install the new one provided by the camera; this new version is 1.0.4.41

5. When I log on the camera, I see that the Live View image continue being black, with timestamp in white, and no response when using PTZ controls.
6. I go to Configuration -> System -> Maintenance Menu, and click in the Default button, to restore all parameters to default settings.
7. I repeated the step #3, with the results described in step #5.

8. I cycled the power source.

These are some captures:

BlueIris.PNG

Blue Iris image

ODM.PNG

Onvif Device Manager

IE_001.PNG

Internet Explorer - 01

IE_002.PNG

Internet Explorer with voltage supplied and new firmware version.

The last reply form Monica, is that I must "reduce save grade in the UCL" and reinstall web plugin again... anybody knows what means that???
Also, "as we all test before delivery, we can not send bad camera to customer; please have a try again"

I'm tired, frustrated and angry; I've granted access to the engineer to my camera to check about the problem, I tried new firmware, but the real question is that I purchased a month ago a PTZ camera, and today the only I have is an very expensive unusable brick, and a lack of real customer service; also, the Purchase Protection is running out, finishes the 12/22, and I'll be forced to Open Dispute...

I want to be collaborative, and don´t like negative attitudes, so if any of you have any idea about this problem, please PM and I send IP address and password to access the camera.

Also, if any is interested, I can provide the new firmware.

Best regards.

Fernando.

Last edited by a moderator:

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you please post the settings for your camera as highlighted in attached picture?Config.PNG

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't hesitate to open a dispute...do so immediately. The only other idea I have involves surgery, to inspect if any cables or components dislodged during shipping. My box was thrashed, but cam was okay.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, point her to this thread...the sellers need to know that if they dont address issues properly, they will be called out on it.
This is the first issue of its kind i have seen on this camera, so its not like its an epidemic, but they need to own up to it, particularly since this forum has given them significant exposure.

fcanete

n3wb
Reaction score
Also, point her to this thread...the sellers need to know that if they dont address issues properly, they will be called out on it.
This is the first issue of its kind i have seen on this camera, so its not like its an epidemic, but they need to own up to it, particularly since this forum has given them significant exposure.
I agree with you, fenderman. I've purchased this camera after reading this forum, and the amount of positive comments about the cameran and the seller...

Best regards.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So you've trying the following:-

1) A known working PSU?
2) A Direct connection from a laptop / desktop to your camera?
3) Tried the camera through ie, chrome, firefox?
4) Disabled any anti-virus, firewalls?
5) Reinstalled the camera plugins and reset the camera to default?

If all the above have been tried then to me it sounds like you have a faulty camera as there isn't much left to try. Once the Huisum mini-PTZ works it's a very good camera. But like others have mentioned, fenderman being one of them you take a slight risk with the quality of these products.

While mine works it's not without a few minor problems which don't bother me too much.

1) PTZ doesn't return to the exact presents once moved.
2) ie / firefox like you mentioned doesn't always display the image (just like your problem in this thread black display with time / date stamp) but working fine in BlurIris.
3) Interface is missing some important options (Dyndns in DDNS for example)
4) Will it last? Now that we are in the winter season and my camera is exposed to constant rain will it go bang ;) Not to mention snow and frost!

I think you may need to open that dispute :(

Great little camera but time will tell if it lasts or the bugs are fixed.

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tries to access the camera from another PC, possible problems with plugin.

fcanete

n3wb
Reaction score
So you've trying the following:-

1) A known working PSU?
2) A Direct connection from a laptop / desktop to your camera?
3) Tried the camera through ie, chrome, firefox?
4) Disabled any anti-virus, firewalls?
5) Reinstalled the camera plugins and reset the camera to default?

If all the above have been tried then to me it sounds like you have a faulty camera as there isn't much left to try. Once the Huisum mini-PTZ works it's a very good camera. But like others have mentioned, fenderman being one of them you take a slight risk with the quality of these products.

While mine works it's not without a few minor problems which don't bother me too much.

1) PTZ doesn't return to the exact presents once moved.
2) ie / firefox like you mentioned doesn't always display the image (just like your problem in this thread black display with time / date stamp) but working fine in BlurIris.
3) Interface is missing some important options (Dyndns in DDNS for example)
4) Will it last? Now that we are in the winter season and my camera is exposed to constant rain will it go bang ;) Not to mention snow and frost!

I think you may need to open that dispute :(

Great little camera but time will tell if it lasts or the bugs are fixed.
Hi again, cyberwolf_uk. Yes, I've tested all of these points; but I forget to mention that also I test with a Synology NAS with Surveillance Station, obtaining the same results. Tested with two different computers and an iPhone 6s, using IE and firefox browsers, using also Onvif Device Manager, BlueIris... the camera is unresponsive, and the image is always the same.

Time to open dispute... :mad2::mad2::mad2:

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got my second one today! Works beautifully!!!

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hopefully Monica handles the return fairly! I been wanting to replace 10+ cams with these and also get one of there speed domes. But, if there not lasting then i'll be looking into something else! Please keep us informed as to how the return was handled!!!:sad2:

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep, having same issue as many of you. The ptz cam I received yesterday will not go to the correct preset position. I will be putting all orders on hold. I will also be contacting her about this issue. Maybe Monica would like to address this issue here.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hopefully Monica handles the return fairly! I been wanting to replace 10+ cams with these and also get one of there speed domes. But, if there not lasting then i'll be looking into something else! Please keep us informed as to how the return was handled!!!:sad2:
You would be a very brave person to replace all your cameras with these Huisun products.... I have the mini PTZ and as good as the picture is I wouldn't replace all my cameras with these. For me it was a try and see purchase! Maybe in a year when they are more established I would revisit the situation.