Bad video on brand new CCTV, why?

sz00gun

n3wb
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but your video link doesn't work. And bare in mind you don't really have a high end setup. So video quality will be lacking no matter what

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

sz00gun

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks @badmannen, video links are working. Please have a look again. Maybe this is no the best hardware, however some videos with the same CCTV on youtube are much better than mine... So thinking where is the problem?

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you decrease gain? And increase digital noise reduction? ( not sure if you got those settings with your hardware)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would try a different cable...often low quality premade cables cause issues..also if your cable is rolled up for testing, try laying it out straight, it may be causing interference with itself..

sz00gun

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks badmannen and fenderman, settings I have: http://s32.postimg.org/ovzd0nmkz/vid.png

so you both think there are more cables issue than hardware/settings?

I try buy better quality cables, but there aren't on ebay... all looks the same, the seller never had that problem before - this what he said...

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just try moving the cable and twist it a bit. If the image is changing while you do that it means one thing. It's a shitty cable ... Or even worse could be lose connection at the camera side... Anyway.. Hardware problem if this is the case

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

sz00gun

n3wb
Reaction score
Moving/touching cables doesn't help with my issue... For some reason sometimes is better sometimes is not... weird..

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No I didn't mean that would fix the problem. It would at least get you closer to where the problem is ☺

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
HDTVI cameras require high quality rg59 copper cable, not cheap pre-mades. I have these cameras and tried with cheaper cable, image quality was terrible but not same issue as yours. Not 100% certain it is your problem but most likely, different cables create different problems. That seller certainly tested the cables on low resolution analog cctv cameras, not HD TVI. These cables are not suitable for TVI.

The best way to do it is to buy your own 100% copper cable/connectors but its not easy. There are also better quality pre-mades such as http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRO-COPPER-RG59-BNC-Video-SECURITY-POWER-SHOTGUN-CCTV-CABLE-10-20-30-40-50-200m-/371465614067?var=640522947817&hash=item567d1372f3:m:mewUJVvqzBkUgzUp2uboiEg These are likely not 100% copper but rather copper clad steel(ccs) but will be good enough for a high quality picture with minimum anomalies.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sz00gun

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank all, I just bought the cables mentioned before, hopefully be better now ;) I will let you know later ;)

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Don't know about the power supply since you did not provice the right link, but those cables are sure crap...