Basic IVS question about Dahua NVR.

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a NVR5416-16P-4KS2 NVR.

Is IVS used for the live feed, or can it also be used for recordings?

For example, I saw something about setting up face detection (and even an option for a specific gender).

If I enable it, will it return results for only a live feed (for example, if there are people currently in view of certain cameras)?

Or can it search through my stored recordings on the hard drive, and return results of anytime it detected a face? (I can provide a day/time filter).

FYI, I have 7 of my cameras set to record 24/7, and 1 on motion.

So I'm wondering if for the 7 cameras that are set to 24/7, if I can use IVS to return instances of when it detected a face for a recording.

I might not have a good understanding of when or what IVS is used for.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a NVR5416-16P-4KS2 NVR.

Is IVS used for the live feed, or can it also be used for recordings?

For example, I saw something about setting up face detection (and even an option for a specific gender).

If I enable it, will it return results for only a live feed (for example, if there are people currently in view of certain cameras)?

Or can it search through my stored recordings on the hard drive, and return results of anytime it detected a face? (I can provide a day/time filter).

FYI, I have 7 of my cameras set to record 24/7, and 1 on motion.

So I'm wondering if for the 7 cameras that are set to 24/7, if I can use IVS to return instances of when it detected a face for a recording.

I might not have a good understanding of when or what IVS is used for.
dont waste your time with face detection, its completely useless.