Basic Profile Question

Chapin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've read the help file and watch Dasstrum's Profile video. One thing that is not clear to me is:
Are profiles global, ie are all cams on the same profile always, or can individual cams be operating under different profiles?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've read the help file and watch Dasstrum's Profile video. One thing that is not clear to me is:
Are profiles global, ie are all cams on the same profile always, or can individual cams be operating under different profiles?
you can override the global profile in the schedule tab of the camera. This is rarely needed.

Chapin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks. I have one cemera that I want to change the settings on, based on the status of a lighting circuit. I have BI cam motion triggering Homeseer events. I’m trying to figure out how to change cam settings on an individual camera based on a lighting status change from Homeseer. Are macros useful for this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I have one cemera that I want to change the settings on, based on the status of a lighting circuit. I have BI cam motion triggering Homeseer events. I’m trying to figure out how to change cam settings on an individual camera based on a lighting status change from Homeseer. Are macros useful for this?
You can simply create a new global profile and leave all cameras the same except the one.

Chapin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can simply create a new global profile and leave all cameras the same except the one.
I thought of this. It should work. I can trigger profiles from Homeseer.

My concern is that it seems there are only 8 or so profiles and I could run out of them quickly. Is it possible to add more profiles, and if so, is there a limit to how many profiles can exist?

Slightly different profile question, is there a way, per camera, to switch profiles when the cam (Dahua in my case) switches between day (color) and night (black&white) mode? I’ve set up “Day” and a “Night” profiles. I’d love to apply the profiles to individual cams, based on their status.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought of this. It should work. I can trigger profiles from Homeseer.

My concern is that it seems there are only 8 or so profiles and I could run out of them quickly. Is it possible to add more profiles, and if so, is there a limit to how many profiles can exist?

Slightly different profile question, is there a way, per camera, to switch profiles when the cam (Dahua in my case) switches between day (color) and night (black&white) mode? I’ve set up “Day” and a “Night” profiles. I’d love to apply the profiles to individual cams, based on their status.
If you need more than 8 profiles you are doing something very wrong.
Blue Iris has no way of knowing the cameras status. A better way would be to force the night mode using the bp2008 tool based on sunrise sunset. Then change profiles in blue iris based on sunrise sunset.

Chapin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you need more than 8 profiles you are doing something very wrong.
Blue Iris has no way of knowing the cameras status. A better way would be to force the night mode using the bp2008 tool based on sunrise sunset. Then change profiles in blue iris based on sunrise sunset.
Thanks.

I don’t think I am close to running out of profiles, but if I burn one to switch a single camera setting, setting this up on 5 cams burns 5 profiles, and would only work for one cam.

I’ll talk with the HS PI forum and see if they have ideas.

I’ll check out this tool. Is it the BI Helper tool? Does it control modes on the cams?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks.

I don’t think I am close to running out of profiles, but if I burn one to switch a single camera setting, setting this up on 5 cams burns 5 profiles, and would only work for one cam.

I’ll talk with the HS PI forum and see if they have ideas.

I’ll check out this tool. Is it the BI Helper tool? Does it control modes on the cams?
You can then use override global as explained.
It's forces day night modes. It is its own tool for dahua cams.