Bear Spray 1 - Trespasser 0

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Some may recognize my yard from the previous post when a girl went clambering through my property (Woman Walking Alone, Late at Night, in a Dark Alley ...). Last night had another trespasser deciding to use my property as a thoroughfare, only this time I caught up with him in the act. Once again, I was not online at the time. One of my cameras sounded an alert which prompted me to check the cameras. I saw him and where he was. I then grabbed a can of bear spray and went to have a chat with him. Unfortunately, in my haste, I grabbed a nearly empty can and what you see there is the last of it. Couple of reasons for my backing off after the spray, one is that shit sprays everywhere and I didn't want to be caught in the mist. It is nasty. The other is, I had to re-load and grab another can. At the end of the clip I included a photo of the item he dropped during the incident. It was a brand new Meat Tenderizing Hammer. I don't know if he was holding it at the time, or just how it dropped, but it was laying in the driveway afterward. You can hear him saying he was being chased. What he doesn't say is those chasing him (if there were any - no one else came by) were likely the loss prevention officers from the nearby mall.

Anyway, here it is from my OneDrive .... Trespasser20220219Zoomed.mp4

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can hear him saying he was being chased. What he doesn't say is those chasing him (if there were any - no one else came by) were likely the loss prevention officers from the nearby mall.
Yeah, when I'm being chased I always go back in the direction of the people that were chasing me..... :idk:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am guessing he had a bag full of stolen goods and it fell out when he dropped the bag. It didn't appear like he had anything in his hand.

But like WTF it takes more time to squeeze through your bridge thing and the house than to just keep walking in the street.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am guessing he had a bag full of stolen goods and it fell out when he dropped the bag. It didn't appear like he had anything in his hand.

But like WTF it takes more time to squeeze through your bridge thing and the house than to just keep walking in the street.
When drugs are involved, not much makes sense.

I have a drug/flop house down the road from me, and it is amazing what the people coming and going from there do, when they are not obviously stoned. They seem to forget stuff and go right back in, then right back out, can't walk on the 8' sidewalk, have to walk in the middle of the street, and the list goes on... :idk: :facepalm:

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had to chuckle at seeing this guy coming through the alley today ....

AlleyWestVF.20220221_142221033.833.jpg

I'm not sure if he is trying to protect from bear spray or merely hide his identity. The tats probably ID him, so maybe its the bear spray .... who knows???

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Man you have had a few crazy ones. My camera vision is very dull in comparison! :lmao:
And I only post a fraction of the activity. Some are worse, but for a variety of reasons I don't post those. Many are less significant (or less entertaining) than those posted. Growing up in this neighborhood it was nothing like this. Not even close. It's been eye-opening since moving back about 4 or 5 years ago.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How does bear spray compare with normal OC spray ? (also illegal here)

We've never heard of bear spray here in Aus!
I've read various and sometimes conflicting things about how bear spray compares to standard pepper spray. All I know is, the occasions I've used the bear spray, the receiving party was disinclined to continue the aggression very quickly. Not instantly, but within a couple of minutes. The mist which will get on the operator is bad enough. The first time I used it I distinctly recall being unpleasantly affected for several hours afterwards, even with washing. And I only caught the mist and overspray. I recently bought another brand and this one has a dye to be able to identify the recipient. I haven't used that one yet to compare, but I hope the debilitating effects are similar.