Benefit of AliExpress ?

thehardway

n3wb
Reaction score
I've pretty well narrowed down the selection of my first Hikvision cameras to the 4MP Turrets, model DS-2CD2342WD-I.
Just searching for a source now.

The LTS branded version is $150
DS-2CD2342WD-I -- $160 on AliExpress from 'known' sellers including shipping to USA. Unknown import costs, however.

What's the benefit of buying from ALiexpress if the cost is more?

There does look like there is some savings for the plastic camera versions but maybe not enough to overcome import duties, risk ? Could someone give me an example of these vast cost savings (for US buyers) Thx

不推按鈕

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...The LTS branded version is $150
DS-2CD2342WD-I -- $160 on AliExpress from 'known' sellers including shipping to USA. Unknown import costs, however.

What's the benefit of buying from ALiexpress if the cost is more?...
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. In my opinion, it would be foolish if buy from AliExpress in this circumstance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. In my opinion, it would be foolish if buy from AliExpress in this circumstance.
Finally someone who speaks English...felt like I was calling my bank..:livid:

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think AliExpress should be last resort...if anyplace else had my new cam at all, I would have gone there instead.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just bought the first cam from Ali .. but I been buying tons of other stuff during the years there . and frankly.. where do you think the retailers get their stuff from when they sell to you .. . yes go figure. the same place as the Alibaba people . just a lot cheaper from Alibaba. Just find a good seller and its a no brainer.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
LTS brand is unusually cheap, I would only buy from them if I was in the market for Hikvision with English firmware, but it's not common, in most other cases cams are cheaper at Ali.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
LTS brand is unusually cheap, I would only buy from them if I was in the market for Hikvision with English firmware, but it's not common, in most other cases cams are cheaper at Ali.
'LTS brand is unusually cheap" Hi, pot I'd love to introduce you to the kettle....

Seriously - Mr, I love huisun, it's the best camera ever, nothing else compares, I want hundreds AND it's $150.... I mean everyone is entitled to there opinion, but damn.

LTS is doing the exact same thing swann and several others do - they are buying HIK by the thousands thus getting to OEM/private label them. They also do all firmware programming and updates as well as branding. They also have multiple offices across he US to ship out of as well as technical support and sales staff located in each office. They also have a show room so if your an industry professional you can go in and see the products hands on, as well as purchase and walk out with product in hand (personally visited central and southern office). So with all that said, the fact they are "surprisingly cheap" in your words should tell you how much you are "overpaying" everywhere else, including AE...

No I don't work for LTS, I have ordered and installed LTS as well as used there tech support and warranty support with positive results.
I have ordered and installed Weisky Tech cameras and visited there factory in china, I have also used there tech support and warranty support - tech support okay if your okay with the massive time difference, and warranty support is okay if you fine with dealing with shipping and exporting cameras back to china.
I have ordered and installed HIK Western Region Cameras (never had to replace or support)
I have ordered and installed OEM Dahua cameras from winic as well as used there tech support (solid) and warranty exchange (okay but some work).

I don't belive in China region hardware but that's because I support the hardware and warranty and don't have time to screw with playing the export, duties, need replacement game, mainly why I moved any from weisky. AE has its purposes and is good for certain people and certain situations, it's not perfect for everyone. Just like China region cameras work for some and not others... Personally, if you can spend a few dollars more and purchase US region hardware, US supported hardware, and US shipped hardware do so, but that's IMO.

My point, careful discarding brands you have no experience with. While I have "questioned" the Huisun camera here because it is "new" and "untested" with no reference here for warranty support, I am very quick to point out I have no experience with it and I only cite points I've read and seen here. I also try to support and recommend items that fit a user's need, I don't always reply with all is crap buy huisun.

Just an IMO post this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
just bought the first cam from Ali .. but I been buying tons of other stuff during the years there . and frankly.. where do you think the retailers get their stuff from when they sell to you .. . yes go figure. the same place as the Alibaba people . just a lot cheaper from Alibaba. Just find a good seller and its a no brainer.
That is not the case with hikvision ip cameras. Most of the cams being sold via ali are china region cameras. As long as you understand the limitations of the china region cameras with respect to firmware (no updating region mismatch) and some design changes (turrets for example) then you can make a determination whether the price difference is worthwhile. The certainly are not the same.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Where did I discard LTS brand? I am well aware that they are OEM label for Hikvision cams which I am quite familiar with. I am, however, discarding certain budget Hikvision (aka LTS) cams in the same price range as Huisun where mini ptz offers more functions. More specifically popular turret cam which is being recommend over and over.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Where did I discard LTS brand? I am well aware that they are OEM label for Hikvision cams which I am quite familiar with. I am, however, discarding certain budget Hikvision (aka LTS) cams in the same price range as Huisun where mini ptz offers more functions. More specifically popular turret cam which is being recommend over and over.
See, this is my point. You are classifying something because of "budget" implying it is lower quality. Also your classifying LTS into a budget catagory, please explain to me WHY you class LTS as a budget class HIK camera and HOW it is different from the "higher quality" HIK cameras you reference your experience with..... What you are really trying to say is if you want a $150 or less camera you should buy a Huisun... Your not accounting into mounting location, US Vs china camera which the Turret being highly discussed I belive your referring to is china region, the LTS are western region and identical to HIK Western Region that others sell for $200-$400.

My point is Huisun mini PTZ is not the solution and answer to every forum post in every OP on this site which is typically what you turn to... is this helpful and true to some yes, but it is not the "right fit" for several situations here where I've seen you recommend it, and while that statement may be my opinion, it's the opinion of an industry professional that orders a few thousand cameras a year and personally touches and installs a few hundred. It's fine that you have found a product and love the results, it's great that you promote that product, but I ask that you promote it when the "situation fits" and understand every persons needs are different.

I'm off my soap box, I'm done writing about being tired of seeing "Huisun" posts in every thread I open here. I'll either go back to trying to be helpful here, or I'll move on somewhere else.

Good day

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
See, this is my point. You are classifying something because of "budget" implying it is lower quality. Also your classifying LTS into a budget catagory, please explain to me WHY you class LTS as a budget class HIK camera and HOW it is different from the "higher quality" HIK cameras you reference your experience with..... What you are really trying to say is if you want a $150 or less camera you should buy a Huisun... Your not accounting into mounting location, US Vs china camera which the Turret being highly discussed I belive your referring to is china region, the LTS are western region and identical to HIK Western Region that others sell for $200-$400.

My point is Huisun mini PTZ is not the solution and answer to every forum post in every OP on this site which is typically what you turn to... is this helpful and true to some yes, but it is not the "right fit" for several situations here where I've seen you recommend it, and while that statement may be my opinion, it's the opinion of an industry professional that orders a few thousand cameras a year and personally touches and installs a few hundred. It's fine that you have found a product and love the results, it's great that you promote that product, but I ask that you promote it when the "situation fits" and understand every persons needs are different.

I'm off my soap box, I'm done writing about being tired of seeing "Huisun" posts in every thread I open here. I'll either go back to trying to be helpful here, or I'll move on somewhere else.

Good day
Wow, you seem to like blow out of proportion everything and twist the words. For the record my comparison is with English firmware $150 4MP Hikvision/LTS turret/dome vs 150 Huisun Mini PTZ

You are classifying something because of "budget" implying it is lower quality. Also your classifying LTS into a budget catagory. What you are really trying to say is if you want a $150 or less camera you should buy a Huisun...
>> budget doesn't equate to lower quality, it's implied less features. Would you say that Toyota Corolla in the Toyota budget line is lower quality then Mazda3 which doesn't have premium line? Both cars are in the same price range with Mazda3 offering more bang for the buck, so, yes, I would buy Mazda3

Your not accounting into mounting location,
>> oh really? where did I say to mount Mini ptz in the shower?

US Vs china camera which the Turret being highly discussed I belive your referring to is china region, the LTS are western region and identical to HIK Western Region that others sell for $200-$400.
>> I specifically stated "English firmware" which is what everyone calls throughout AE or eBay vs "Multi language" (aka Chinese region). The former sells in the Turret or dome format for about the same price as mini ptz if you buy from AE or LTS, these cam not worth paying above 150 with all other options available in the market. No, I was not referring to China region cams, which I am no longer interested.

My point is Huisun mini PTZ is not the solution and answer to every forum post in every OP on this site which is typically what you turn to...
>> exaggeration at its best. Since you seem to care what advice I offer then please do me favor and at least check my previous posts, I offer advice based on the situation and its not always Huisun. Generally I only recommend it when someone wants to cover large outdoor area where night vision is important, but it will work in various other situations as well. I never recommended to use it indoors or where aesthetics is important.

it's the opinion of an industry professional that orders a few thousand cameras a year and personally touches and installs a few hundred.
>> those "industry professionals" generally stuck on one type of product that they milk for years, so I am not sorry but I don't listen advice from cctv industry professionals, it doesn't work for hobbyists like me. I prefer to explore new options frequently and share my findings. Yesterday it was Hikvision, today it's Huisun and tomorrow night be something else. Or are you worried that my advice somehow will affect the business?

It's fine that you have found a product and love the results, it's great that you promote that product, but I ask that you promote it when the "situation fits" and understand every persons needs are different.
>> one again where did I recommend to mount ptz in the shower???

I'm off my soap box, I'm done writing about being tired of seeing "Huisun" posts in every thread I open here.
>> I guess we are done for now

Just to finish this, I am not opposing anything Hikvision (after all Huisun is Hikvision-like firmware/protocols) and they are still my favorite brand which I own. They have been building solid cams with solid firmware, but their budget/value/limited (or whatever you want to call it) line is no longer appealing at this price point. They chose to keep low end sensors and barely improved night vision quality. So if you want good night vision you have to spend 4x to buy their high end cameras which I am not ready to do. Frankly I don't get it why would any "industry professional" even recommend the Hikvision cameras from the budget/value/limited line. They may be ok enough for basic home use, but for any serious security where night vision outdoors is critical they are just not adequate enough.