Best android app for connection to my server?

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just purchased a full BI license. I see there is not free android app for BI (correct me if I'm wrong)
The main BI app at 9.99 has bad reviews.

Can you recommend a decent android app? The widget one looks ok.

Thanks

Sorry just realized there is a specific category for apps. if admin could move this that would be great!

Last edited:

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It may not be flashy, but it gets the job done... this actual review matches my experience

Great app that does exactly what it's supposed to... presuming you set up BI and your firewall correctly (very easy!), which seems to be the biggest issue people are having and then reviewing poorly. Set your stuff up right and it works exactly as it should.

I would add... well, except maybe for geofencing :) ... which Android is partly to fault, I suspect.

Seriously, don’t overthink it, just get it.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It may not be flashy, but it gets the job done... this actual review matches my experience

Great app that does exactly what it's supposed to... presuming you set up BI and your firewall correctly (very easy!), which seems to be the biggest issue people are having and then reviewing poorly. Set your stuff up right and it works exactly as it should.

I would add... well, except maybe for geofencing :) ... which Android is partly to fault, I suspect.

Seriously, don’t overthink it, just get it.
I set up my dns/proxy with nginx and created a shortcut on my phone for the web browser. Opens perfectly.
Good option with full permissions and saves me 10 pounds. Or through my vpn.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I use the BI android app daily. I have no complaints.
I like to use it to check for deliveries and a piece of mind when I am not at home.

I think I used tiny cam at one time but there was a lot of up keep.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Unless you need to administer BI with local console style privileges, UI3, the built in web app of BI, provides a full view of everything It only offers a few, basic, administrative options though.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Another reason to get the app is to receive nearly instantaneous push notifications from the server. While alerting via SMS and email are supported, I have found their reliability lacking as they are dependent on other services.

I also use Tasker to intercept Blue Iris Android app notifications for customized handling.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The app is great look more closely at the reviews almost every single negative review is due to user error because they cannot connect remotely or because they suffer from OCD and don’t like the interface. Eventually it’s likely to get updated like the iOS app was.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
The app is great look more closely at the reviews almost every single negative review is due to user error because they cannot connect remotely or because they suffer from OCD and don’t like the interface. Eventually it’s likely to get updated like the iOS app was.
Ken told me he hoped the Android update would be out by the end of the year.. I cant wait