Best cam

Funkyduck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is what you can expect from the 1/1.8" sensor of DS-2CD7A85G0-IZHS, IPC-HFW7842HP-Z or IPC-HFW5842H-ZHE:
These models are not supported by synology when I check the page

What camera with that sensor and best experience is compatible with synology?

Funkyduck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Your asking a very broad question with no parameters or details. You want the best Hikvision 8mp bullet camera? Here ya go.

unfortunatly this camera is not in the list of campatible camera's for synology.

chaosengine

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
wrong strategy, find the camera that fits your needs and ask them for supported features e.g. PTZ control.

Funkyduck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
wrong strategy, find the camera that fits your needs and ask them for supported features e.g. PTZ control.
You can tell me I am wrong, but my needs are, the best camera for birds in my big garden, that’s compatible with my expensive Synology server. Please help :)

Reaction score
For bird watching a good PTZ camera would be good. It doesn't necessarily have to be 8mp.
It's not as easy as you want to make it. Every ones situation is different. THE BEST is a broad term as what i think is the best my not be the best to you. I would pick any PTZ camera from the synology list dahua or hikvison with at least 25x zoom and you will be very pleased as it will be able to move all around and up and down and you can zoom into see the birds or other wild life up close. 36x or 45x zoom if you have a really far away bird you want to see up close. Good luck

Funkyduck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For bird watching a good PTZ camera would be good. It doesn't necessarily have to be 8mp.
It's not as easy as you want to make it. Every ones situation is different. THE BEST is a broad term as what i think is the best my not be the best to you. I would pick any PTZ camera from the synology list dahua or hikvison with at least 25x zoom and you will be very pleased as it will be able to move all around and up and down and you can zoom into see the birds or other wild life up close. 36x or 45x zoom if you have a really far away bird you want to see up close. Good luck
I understand what you say. But I can not filter the list of synology to 25fps or more. So I don't really understand what the difference is between the cams.
I have a few Hikvision camera's allready with 8MP. Before I had 4MP, but the 8MP is much more sharp.
Is there a difference between Hikvision and Dahua?

Reaction score
I understand what you say. But I can not filter the list of synology to 25fps or more. So I don't really understand what the difference is between the cams.
I have a few Hikvision camera's allready with 8MP. Before I had 4MP, but the 8MP is much more sharp.
Is there a difference between Hikvision and Dahua?
Well they are both good cameras it's just a matter of preference. You will not be disappointed if you get a PTZ camera with zoom capability of 25x or more. If you do not like it you can just return it. But i am certain you will be happy. Good luck!

Funkyduck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well they are both good cameras it's just a matter of preference. You will not be disappointed if you get a PTZ camera with zoom capability of 25x or more. If you do not like it you can just return it. But i am certain you will be happy. Good luck!
Thank you very much for your reply. And how about this?

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your reply. And how about this?

Just get an 8mp PTZ from the list that says it is compatible. For bird watching you do not need to worry about the fps (frames per second) as any PTZ you get with 8mp will give you the picture quality you are looking for.
Here is one from the list that will work with your system and is 25fps or more. Send @EMPIRETECANDY a message and he can get one of these for you and if you have any problems he will let you send it back to him. I buy all my cameras from him.
Here is one from the list that will work with your system and is 25fps or more.
Hikvision DS-2DF8825IX-AEL - 8 MP 25× Network IR Speed Dome
Here is one from the list that will work with your system, and is 25fps or more.
Remember to message @EMPIRETECANDY and ask him if he has the cameras and if not send him the list of what will work with synology and he will help you.
Good Luck!

Funkyduck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just get an 8mp PTZ from the list that says it is compatible. For bird watching you do not need to worry about the fps (frames per second) as any PTZ you get with 8mp will give you the picture quality you are looking for.
Here is one from the list that will work with your system and is 25fps or more. Send @EMPIRETECANDY a message and he can get one of these for you and if you have any problems he will let you send it back to him. I buy all my cameras from him.
Here is one from the list that will work with your system, and is 25fps or more.
Remember to message @EMPIRETECANDY and ask him if he has the cameras and if not send him the list of what will work with synology and he will help you.
Good Luck!
Thank you very much for your great help!
I can send @EMPIRETECANDY a message, but I don't think he can deliver me, since I live in The Netherlands.
You told me "here is one from the list....." Is it just one from the list? Or do you think this is the best choice when you look at price and quality?
I will try to send message, to ask if delivering to the Netherlands is available.

Thank you!

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your great help!
I can send @EMPIRETECANDY a message, but I don't think he can deliver me, since I live in The Netherlands.
You told me "here is one from the list....." Is it just one from the list? Or do you think this is the best choice when you look at price and quality?
I will try to send message, to ask if delivering to the Netherlands is available.

Thank you!
You are welcom. The two i sent i think is the best choice ask @EMPIRETECANDY if he has any either one of them, they are both good cameras.

Funkyduck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A little toooo expansive :-(