Best cams with auto tracking?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah do not use MD and SMD with IVS, just IVS.

Try just the intrusion box and see if that improves performance. If not, then try the tripwire.

But do not have the intrusion box be the whole field of view. If you do, that is how it starts that wander at first start to track and loses it. Ideally the subject needs to be as close to the center of field of view as possible in most instances.

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah do not use MD and SMD with IVS, just IVS.

Try just the intrusion box and see if that improves performance. If not, then try the tripwire.

But do not have the intrusion box be the whole field of view. If you do, that is how it starts that wander at first start to track and loses it. Ideally the subject needs to be as close to the center of field of view as possible in most instances.
Wow!! Got to say seeing sweet results applying the tips you gave me. It's like I have a totally new Ptz camera. Finally using auto-track. Got this cam back in Mar 2021 from Andy on Amazon. Was running on a Lorex NVR till I started reading about Blue Iris with DeepStack on this form. Had my nephew build me a new computer just to run BI. Still dont have it running really well, thinking of doing a reinstall before I opt for the $99.00 support upgrade. Don't get anything on cams at night even though I'm running the custom DeepStack models from @MikeLud1. You can tell I don't know a lot about this stuff, but it's fun trying to learn.

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Auto tracking seems to track at night, its early though. Got this by looking back though the camaras clips in BI. Didn't get flagged or triggered, no recording. Also, looks like it's the sub stream and the picture are pulsing. Doing this at night.

View attachment Ptz2.mp4

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that tracking looks pretty good. Got past most of the trees. Stumbled a little at the end, but I think with all that was there it would probably poop out soon thereafter anyway.

Pulsating is usually an FPS and iframe issue - do yours match (make them both 15).

Looks like you need to either turn on motion in BI so when the camera moves it goes mainstream, or make sure the camera is pulling ONVIF triggers so that it goes mainstream.

ZeeCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I mainly use everything default for image quality and it works great. There is overwhelming number of configurations but at least AT was easy to get working. I would say it works 95% of the time perfectly. I am now tempted to get second one but not sure where to place it. Due to large size it looks out of place on a house.

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah that tracking looks pretty good. Got past most of the trees. Stumbled a little at the end, but I think with all that was there it would probably poop out soon thereafter anyway.

Pulsating is usually an FPS and iframe issue - do yours match (make them both 15).

Looks like you need to either turn on motion in BI so when the camera moves it goes mainstream, or make sure the camera IP PTZ Camera so that it goes mainstream.
My FPS/iFrame was at 30/30. Changed to 15/15. When I right click my camera, "Motion detection" is checked. Is that what you mean? No problem with mainstream play back of a flagged video during the day. Camera was already set to pull ONVIF triggers. I think this triggered before I was done resetting the FPS. Can't be sure, will have to wait for another car. No auto tracking of the car now.

View attachment IP_PTZ_Camera_2.20220204_192308_3.mp4

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I mainly use everything default for image quality and it works great. There is overwhelming number of configurations but at least AT was easy to get working. I would say it works 95% of the time perfectly. I am now tempted to get second one but not sure where to place it. Due to large size it looks out of place on a house.
We can get away with a slower shutter speed with a PTZ, but you do not get any blurring of someone walking with it set to default/auto shutter? I guess you must have as much light as @ljw2k because he has been able to run his on default.

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Looks like you need to either turn on motion in BI so when the camera moves it goes mainstream, or make sure the camera is pulling ONVIF triggers so that it goes mainstream.
DeepStack is timing out. Running in the 1000 to 10000's ms. That car video was 93% car but took 8022ms

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
WOW - either an underpowered system or a setting needs changed. Given the system you mentioned you have in your other thread, must be a setting. Post screenshots of your AI settings in global and then for the camera. How many cameras are you using DS on and how many can trigger at the same time?

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
WOW - either an underpowered system or a setting needs changed. Given the system you mentioned you have in your other thread, must be a setting. Post screenshots of your AI settings in global and then for the camera. How many cameras are you using DS on and how many can trigger at the same time?
Good tracking on this video. 10003ms through DS, also DS says it restarted after this.

View attachment IP_PTZ_Camera_2.20220204_200000_1.mp4

8 cameras (left 2 off for now)
3 - Lorex E861AB 4k (one not on BI yet)
3 - Lorex LNB9272S 4k (one not on BI yet)
1 - Lorex LNZ44P12B PTZ 4mp
1 - SD5A425XA-HNR PTZ 4mp

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
AI Alert confermation.PNGGloble AI setting.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK - 20 images with banana in the cancel is a long time. That is the issue as Deepstack has to run thru all 20 images.

Does the camera field of view really need 10 seconds before it is able to identify an object?

Try turning off the "begin analysis with leading edge" and either take out banana or reduce the number of images and see if you can find the sweet spot.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's an excellent PTZ especially with the new updated firmware and got the upgrade bug to the Hik 8mp PTZ with the larger sensor.
Is there a Dahua equivalent of that one?

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK - 20 images with banana in the cancel is a long time. That is the issue as Deepstack has to run thru all 20 images.

Does the camera field of view really need 10 seconds before it is able to identify an object?

Try turning off the "begin analysis with leading edge" and either take out banana or reduce the number of images and see if you can find the sweet spot.
k, using 6 images at 500ms and turned off "begin analysis with leading edge". Think I used those settings reading your guys LPR threads.:banghead:

ZeeCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I noticed I have one issue. Can't figure out if it's a software bug or power issue. In some cases when camera completes tracking subject it restarts and comes back online in couple of minutes. I have put it on a new 65w Poe+ switch that doesn't even have any other devices plugged in so I am not sure it's a power issue at this point.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there a Dahua equivalent of that one?
Dahua do have a large PTZ and I think Parley has one so if you send him a PM and ask him what model number it is. I also think Dahua is bringing some New PTz series out soon so might be worth waiting as at the moment they are still in the 80's when compared to Hikvision.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I noticed I have one issue. Can't figure out if it's a software bug or power issue. In some cases when camera completes tracking subject it restarts and comes back online in couple of minutes. I have put it on a new 65w Poe+ switch that doesn't even have any other devices plugged in so I am not sure it's a power issue at this point.
100% cabling or power supply issue and been talked about many times on other threads on the forum.

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Still had pulsating on night shot last night. Went into setting this morning and noticed in sub stream2 (display) FPS was 15 but iFrame was 30. Got them both on 15/15, will have to wait till tonight to see if it's fixed. I'm sure this the problem, thanks for the tip.