Best deal on Imporx (Huisun) v2!

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The text that 95 brings up is a menu. Use the arrow keys to move through the menu. When finished move to exit to clear the screen.

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How weather proof are these cameras? I would really love to put it on the soffit above where the current camera is if there is solid wood behind the cover material. That would give it a much better view without the eaves in the way. If it is ok to place there the poe would come through the bottom rubber gasket and I will cram everything up into the arm. Then use a weather proof caulk around the edge where the camera meets the house. If that placement is no good then I will take down the board, remove the current camera, remove the box, and put the new camera on the board but where the box currently is.

Going to have to stuff everything into the arm anyway because the pig tails are not long enough to go around the box and up inside it.

placementquestion.jpg

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How weather proof are these cameras? I would really love to put it on the soffit above where the current camera is if there is solid wood behind the cover material. That would give it a much better view without the eaves in the way. If it is ok to place there the poe would come through the bottom rubber gasket and I will cram everything up into the arm. Then use a weather proof caulk around the edge where the camera meets the house. If that placement is no good then I will take down the board, remove the current camera, remove the box, and put the new camera on the board but where the box currently is.

Going to have to stuff everything into the arm anyway because the pig tails are not long enough to go around the box and up inside it.

View attachment 10872
It's IP66, so will mostly be fine. If moisture does make it way in, then take it down and dry it out. I can only imagine that happening once a year max.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

View attachment 10872

You are going to have a problem stuffing the cable into the arm, you would be better off using a box like @klasipca did in post #10 https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9486-Huisun-10X-PTZ-anyone-buyone-that-worked-FLAWLESS-with-no-issues

As far as weather proof, mine is right out in the open for 3 months now with no problems. (I need a piece of wood to knock on)...

Last edited by a moderator:

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are going to have a problem stuffing the cable into the arm, you would be better off using a box like @klasipca did in post #10 https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9486-Huisun-10X-PTZ-anyone-buyone-that-worked-FLAWLESS-with-no-issues

As far as weather proof, mine is right out in the open for 3 months now with no problems. (I need a piece of wood to knock on)...
You were right. It would had been a huge pain in the butt trying to stuff everything in the arm while up on a ladder holding onto everything. I went with lowering the box I had and turning it sideways pointing the opening slightly downward. But it is up and running. So far I am very pleased with the clarity over the Reolinks. And I will tell you what, real zoom beats the hell out of optical. lol

Now I will need to retire to the BI side of the world to ask a few more questions.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
"My PTZ for some reason is currently working on the Hikivision/Abus/Swann setting"

that works too, but you may need to enable the 'reverse up/down' checkbox under 'options' in the 'ptz/control' screen...

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
"My PTZ for some reason is currently working on the Hikivision/Abus/Swann setting"

that works too, but you may need to enable the 'reverse up/down' checkbox under 'options' in the 'ptz/control' screen...
LOL, yes it is odd. My keyboard does it correctly, but the BI buttons are backwards. :p

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, so far I am liking it. I am going to be seeing what it does at night as opposed to the Reolinks. I have not got into testing motion triggers yet so have not done any clips. But what I have done it has impressed me. Tonight though I will be seeing what kind of resolution it has and how good the IR is by standing in a few areas and set it to record so I can make sure I get it all. Will be testing it in 2 of my presets.

Oh, by the way I now have made the adjustments to where right is right up is up and so on, on both the BI buttons and my keyboard.

apothecary

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone who has installed this on a Laview NVR or hikvision NVR - please chime in?

I bought this camera recently, and have been trying to set it up for the first time on my LaView NVR (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16881183053).

Really having a tough time here. Can someone point me in the right direction? Here are the settings that I am trying. I am using username and password admin/admin as instructed by the manual for this camera? I also changed the ip to the default ip listed in the manual. Have also tried Laview protocol. Ahhh, these cameras are not very user friendly! Thanks in advance.
IMG_1985.JPG

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone who has installed this on a Laview NVR or hikvision NVR - please chime in?

I bought this camera recently, and have been trying to set it up for the first time on my LaView NVR (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16881183053).

Really having a tough time here. Can someone point me in the right direction? Here are the settings that I am trying. I am using username and password admin/admin as instructed by the manual for this camera? I also changed the ip to the default ip listed in the manual. Have also tried Laview protocol. Ahhh, these cameras are not very user friendly! Thanks in advance.
Log in to camera or use SADP to change IP address to match the NVR's PoE port range. 192.168.254.x then try adding it.

lowpro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

View attachment 10888
What are the ip's of the other cameras attached to your nvr? Mine are all in 172.16.1.xxx range. I changed the default ip of the Huisun to 172.16.1.18 in my case. I left the password as admin/admin.

Adding method: plug-n-play
protocol: hikvision (not onvif)

Only tough part for me was busting out my old pc laptop so that I'd be able to change the default ip of the camera. Other than that, it all worked out pretty easy.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What are the ip's of the other cameras attached to your nvr? Mine are all in 172.16.1.xxx range. I changed the default ip of the Huisun to 172.16.1.18 in my case. I left the password as admin/admin.

Adding method: plug-n-play
protocol: hikvision (not onvif)

Only tough part for me was busting out my old pc laptop so that I'd be able to change the default ip of the camera. Other than that, it all worked out pretty easy.
Ok that's fine but adding method "manual".

apothecary

n3wb
Reaction score
Log in to camera or use SADP to change IP address to match the NVR's PoE port range. 192.168.254.x then try adding it.
EDIT: I GOT IT! Thank you so much for your help guys. Cheers!

Basically, I followed what everyone told me. Here's for anyone else who is a total newbie and may get some help from this

1) Found a 12v adapter wall plug and connected to the camera. Then, using an ethernet cable, connected to router.
2) Knowing that default ip address was 192.168.0.99, I went to control panel--> network connections--> right click properties on my network --> Internet PRotocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) --> Properties, and filled in IP address matching camera (192.168.0.1) with a default gateway of 192.168.0.2
3) Went on internet explorer, typed in address bar 192.168.0.99, downloaded plugin, and logged in with admin/admin. Went to configuration, and changed IP address and gateway to match that of my NVR (192.168.254.10/192.168.254.1, respectively). Saved.
4) Plugged into NVR recorder, and added camera manually with IP address, admin/admin log in, same port, and "Laview" configuration, which I'm guessing is same as Hikvision configuration that others have been seeing.

Thanks all!

Last edited by a moderator:

woolfman72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
EDIT: I GOT IT! Thank you so much for your help guys. Cheers!

Basically, I followed what everyone told me. Here's for anyone else who is a total newbie and may get some help from this

1) Found a 12v adapter wall plug and connected to the camera. Then, using an ethernet cable, connected to router.
2) Knowing that default ip address was 192.168.0.99, I went to control panel--> network connections--> right click properties on my network --> Internet PRotocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) --> Properties, and filled in IP address matching camera (192.168.0.1) with a default gateway of 192.168.0.2
3) Went on internet explorer, typed in address bar 192.168.0.99, downloaded plugin, and logged in with admin/admin. Went to configuration, and changed IP address and gateway to match that of my NVR (192.168.254.10/192.168.254.1, respectively). Saved.
4) Plugged into NVR recorder, and added camera manually with IP address, admin/admin log in, same port, and "Laview" configuration, which I'm guessing is same as Hikvision configuration that others have been seeing.

Thanks all!
I have the same NVR and have been on the fence about this camera. Do you have it fully functional with your NVR?

apothecary

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same NVR and have been on the fence about this camera. Do you have it fully functional with your NVR?
Not sure what fully functional entails, but ptz works, zoom works. Dunno about any other features it may have though!