Best Energy Efficient Custom Blue IRIS Computer Build

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am in the need for a Blue IRIS PC Build, I currently have a fast Octa Core Gaming PC, that I also use for HTPC. Which currently I am running Blue IRIS on at the same time. I would like to have a separate PC for Blue IRIS only.

I currently have (4) 4MP Dahua Cameras and (2) 3MP Dahua Cameras, with (1) 3MP Dahua Camera setup as a clone. I would like a good PC that can keep up with the most cameras I would see anytime in the future would be 16 TOTAL cameras, with maybe a couple clones.

I run at 2MP 15FPS, some cameras with AUDIO. I have continuous recording on all cameras and redundant motion alerts setup on 4 of the cameras currently. I'm looking for a good CHEAP energy effience pre-built, or a cheap build. I had an incident again, as usual and I need to keep the Blue IRIS PC free and clear with plenty of resources ready.

I will try to do some looking around the threads here, I haven't much time at the moment to look, haven't been on in a few weeks. So much going on, even for a great multitasker as myself, I'm overloaded.

Thanks everyone

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
dell optiplex haswell 7020/9020 i7-4790 or the new skylake 5040/7040 i7-6700. Intel graphics (only intel is supported for hardware acceleration), no discrete card. If you are running these cameras in 2mp mode, then a 300 dollar i5 haswell 4590 will be more than enough. Look at the hp elitedesk i5-4590's on ebay. They are the best value for the i5's.