Best Foscam Camera settings in Blue IRis

oregonduck

n3wb
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone could give me some good "camera settings" in Blue Iris. My Foscam camera's images appear to be blobby, shadowy and not a clear picture at night and it looks like faint ghost images in the daytime. Thanks :)

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you able to provide a screenshot of an image or settings in Blue Iris? What model is your Foscam? Blue Iris has several Foscam choices. The image looks ok in a browser window?

oregonduck

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I can't send you a screen shot...but I can tell you the type of Camera settings I am asking about 720P? QVGA? 2M? 4M? Frame Rate? Key frame? Bit rate? 256K? Variable? My camera's are the foscam Outdoor F19803P and Indoor F19816P. Thanks again :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I can't send you a screen shot...but I can tell you the type of Camera settings I am asking about 720P? QVGA? 2M? 4M? Frame Rate? Key frame? Bit rate? 256K? Variable? My camera's are the foscam Outdoor F19803P and Indoor F19816P. Thanks again :)
if you want help you need to provide your settings...windows has a built in snipping tool that allows you to post screenshots...
Side note, foscam is crap and should be avoided.

oregonduck

n3wb
Reaction score
What visual are you asking for...log in to my foscam camera and screen shot those settings or somewhere in Blue Iris? I've been using them with the default settings. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What visual are you asking for...log in to my foscam camera and screen shot those settings or somewhere in Blue Iris? I've been using them with the default settings. Thanks
both...match the iframe interval in the camera itself to the fps...in blue iris change the receive buffer to 20mb

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I found older Foscam to be very dependable. The newer ones are really bad. Not that my meager budget found anything better...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I found older Foscam to be very dependable. The newer ones are really bad. Not that my meager budget found anything better...
They are all junk, there are much better options out there.