Best hardware to view IP Cameras on 2nd TV?

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was looking for the best way to display cameras on a 2nd tv across the house.
I was thinking the Amazon Fire Stick and using an app, but does anybody else know of something that can be used that is cheaper? I only need the device to display the cameras, so it doesn't have to be anything powerful or multi functioning.

I would like for once it's powered on, it auto boots into the app or whatever to display the cameras if possible.

mik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IOGEAR GW3DHDKIT Wireless 3D Digital Kit with Full HD 1080P and 5.1 Channel Digital Audio
by Iogear
Link: http://amzn.com/B00630WKGI

I've used this with my brother's outdoor TV. Works excellent!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a 16ch Dahua NVR, Sadly, at the moment I'm not using Blue Iris.
I can currently do the tablet thing, but the point on the TV is if something is heard outside, the person can switch over to the HDMI port on the TV and see the cameras instantly without having to boot up a tablet, etc.

I was looking for something cheap, no more than $40 or I will just go with the Amazon Fire TV Stick. I wasn't sure if there was some cheap android TV device that others may have experience with.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Opps. I guess your best bet is to run some Android app such as IP Can Viewer.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I'm trying to track down a decent device for cheap if anybody else does the same. I was just wondering if there is anything better than the Fire Stick for the price.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I'm trying to track down a decent device for cheap if anybody else does the same. I was just wondering if there is anything better than the Fire Stick for the price.
You cant really get much cheaper than 40...though it was 25 on black firday.....maybe it will go on sale again tomorrow.. I would look for a wired solution if you can get ethernet there.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Brilliant! Fire Stick! It looks like it supports Tiny Cam Pro! I wish I picked it up on bf.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
If price was not a factor, what is the best android stick available?
I went through a few sticks in the past, the all had the same issue with weak wifi, I wonder if newer ones are better.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a ROKU on that tv, the wifi has zero issues on the ROKU, but it's only 40 feet from the router. I do have an ethernet cable run to that room too if there is a hardwire solution.

I hope it goes on sale again (FIRE TV stick)

bucko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got a Minix Android box and run Tiny cam Pro on it. Then through my HDMI switcher I can just switch my TV's input to the Minix channel to view my cams.