Best IP camera for Blue Iris, running ethernet, POE, outside, no PTZ?

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman in particular because you have good knowledge and tell it like it is and I respect that ( read many of your posts, they are great) but anyway, if you can perhaps your advice on best IP camera, Ethernet, POE, outside bullet type, 3MP + no PTZ needed, I use it for straight 24 hour monitoring, looking to replace 3 cameras I have using BI4 (I have 8 cameras all together). I am using one Reolink RLC410 because they did get me with their good marketing and low price but I respect your judgement and have 3 of those coming that I can simply return so if you have time perhaps a recommendation or 2 ($100.00 range practical?). If you can't advise I understand, great forum and I am here for life. Respectfully and thanks for the help you have already given me, Adam

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman in particular because you have good knowledge and tell it like it is and I respect that ( read many of your posts, they are great) but anyway, if you can perhaps your advice on best IP camera, Ethernet, POE, outside bullet type, 3MP + no PTZ needed, I use it for straight 24 hour monitoring, looking to replace 3 cameras I have using BI4 (I have 8 cameras all together). I am using one Reolink RLC410 because they did get me with their good marketing and low price but I respect your judgement and have 3 of those coming that I can simply return so if you have time perhaps a recommendation or 2 ($100.00 range practical?). If you can't advise I understand, great forum and I am here for life. Respectfully and thanks for the help you have already given me, Adam
Look at the dahua starlight varifocal turret - there is a thread on it....there is almost not difference in pixel density with a 3mp vs a 2mp..also using the varifocal you can actually get better pixel density...depending on what your trying to capture. you will pay 170...
there is a cheaper fixed starlight turret for 130 or so...

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman, I appreciate your time, will check it out...Adam

Reaction score
I'll cast a vote for the less expensive (and lower featured) fixed-focus Dahua Starlight turret. For just a few tens of dollars more, the varifocal Dahua Starlight is the best thing available, period. They completely blow away higher-pixel 3MP and 4MP cameras by comparison.

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the posts guys, anyone have any model numbers as they make a lot of cameras. Thanks again for any help. Adam

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, thanks, look like a nice camera but a little pricey for me, I don't need the motorized zoom. Thanks, Adam

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, thanks, look like a nice camera but a little pricey for me, I don't need the motorized zoom. Thanks, Adam
for the extra 40 dollars you significantly increase image quality unless you happen to need exactly 2.8, 3.6, 6mm etc...which is never the case...

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks again Fenderman, point well taken, will check it out...Adam