Best NVR/camera setup?

mikey914

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am new to this forum and have a few questions.

I just recently purchased a Camera system from CCTVDEALERS.COM. The company who makes the cameras and NVR is UNV (Uniview). I connected everything to test out the quality and the quality seemed great... that is until there is a moving object. If a car or person moves in the camera view, they turn in like ghost images with the body disappearing. Called up customer support and no help.

I have been reading and trying to determine a good camera setup (I assume IP cameras will give BEST quality)

I have a few requirements.

an NVR that supports up to 4k video is great to have but not a must.
I need cameras that have great nightvision. I know lots of cameras give very bright hotspots when the infrared is activated making the person in view a white spot...aka useless footage.

Hikvision seems to be very popular here, but anything better? Are those EXIR cameras better than their normal IR cameras?

Need a camera system ASAP.

mikey914

n3wb
Reaction score
here is what happens... pay attention once the person goes towards the front of the minivan

mikey914

n3wb
Reaction score
Can't even get a single reply or suggestions as to what is causing the ghosting?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
look as
Can't even get a single reply or suggestions as to what is causing the ghosting?
probably noise reduction set high...
look at the dahua startlight turret.there is a full thread on it.

mikey914

n3wb
Reaction score
i played with noise reduction and ive played with shutter, and it ghosts very bad still. any suggestions on a good 16 channel nvr that can support up to 4k? (4k is not a necessity)