Best option to remotely backup/save BI recordings, external, ftp, cloud? (in case of....)

nutshellml

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wanted to get opinions/recommendations on how to save BI recordings in case of a robbery or similar. I'm not looking to go overboard, this is a residential setting, I have about 5-7 cameras and a standalone CPU in the basement. Right now I have it connected to an external drive next to the computer. I always overthink things and worry too much, but wanted something a little more secure. My initial thought was a very long USB cable the "hide" the external at another location in my messy basement. I think worst case, that should give enough time for alarm to notify PD and respond in the case of someone actively looking for it...

Am I off base? Another method better? Again, please keep in mind residential setting and wanting to keep this economical...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The best solution is to record local to the pc and setup duplicate cameras to record to hidden nas..this way your footage is not dependent on the internet connection...in the real world desktop pc's are almost never taken during robberies..lock it down with a pc lock and dont worry too much...

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
The best solution is to record local to the pc and setup duplicate cameras to record to hidden nas..this way your footage is not dependent on the internet connection...in the real world desktop pc's are almost never taken during robberies..lock it down with a pc lock and dont worry too much...
Did not know that but like the idea of just chaining it to something solid, don't think too many Theives are gonna spend much time when there's plenty of other small valuable stuff to take