Best outdoor cam for low light.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That video is absolute nonsense. One is made look way better than it actually is and the other is made look way worse.
It's marketing so yes, it's exaggerated, but the point they make regarding the matrix IR's in the turrets is valid. I have replaced (2) Hik 2032 bullets with turrets (mainly to reduce night noise) and the turret IR's definitely have a noticeable, much more uniform exposure compared to the bullets.

Here is a picture from my 2332 turret. The 2032 bullet looked like a spotlight on the gate and fence and anything over the right side of the fence looked underexposed. Much like in the video.
Home NVR_IP Camera6_Home NVR_20160113013524_47516441.jpg

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's marketing so yes, it's exaggerated, but the point they make regarding the matrix IR's in the turrets is valid. I have replaced (2) Hik 2032 bullets with turrets (mainly to reduce night noise) and the turret IR's definitely have a noticeable, much more uniform exposure compared to the bullets.

Here is a picture from my 2332 turret. The 2032 bullet looked like a spotlight on the gate and fence and anything over the right side of the fence looked underexposed. Much like in the video.
View attachment 7584
I think at that range then yes there will definitely be a hot spot in the middle! I'm very pro 2332 don't get me wrong! Just don't like exaggerations.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think at that range then yes there will definitely be a hot spot in the middle! I'm very pro 2332 don't get me wrong! Just don't like exaggerations.
What I really hate about that LTS video is that the so called 'night vision' on the turret cam is taken in very well lit environments and they actually went as far as to edit the shadows out. I have several EXIR hikvisions (ranging from 20m - 80m IR and 1 regular IR and honestly I see little to no difference in the night time, all the EXIRs still exhibit the spotlight effect unless you're covering a very short range.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What I really hate about that LTS video is that the so called 'night vision' on the turret cam is taken in very well lit environments and they actually went as far as to edit the shadows out. I have several EXIR hikvisions (ranging from 20m - 80m IR and 1 regular IR and honestly I see little to no difference in the night time, all the EXIRs still exhibit the spotlight effect unless you're covering a very short range.
Not just LTS, Hikvision. DS-2CD2332-I has a manufacturer specified 50M EXIR night-vision range. That's half a football pitch and completely unrealistic unless you mean it will reflect back a un-recognisable blob.

It's like cars and their emissions and economy but worse!

DS-2CD2232-I5 is good but still not going to do 50m without some extra help.