Best pricing on BI computer

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There are many threads constantly asking where one can find the best price for a computer to run Blue Iris on. I frequently see recommendations for Dell or HP computers at good prices in the $300 to $400 range. Personally, I can never seem to find these "deals".

How about a permanent (sticky) thread that would allow folks to post links to current good deals on I5 or I7 machines capable of running BI? This would save time for those replying to the frequent questions about "what computer and where can I get a good price".

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There are many threads constantly asking where one can find the best price for a computer to run Blue Iris on. I frequently see recommendations for Dell or HP computers at good prices in the $300 to $400 range. Personally, I can never seem to find these "deals".

How about a permanent (sticky) thread that would allow folks to post links to current good deals on I5 or I7 machines capable of running BI? This would save time for those replying to the frequent questions about "what computer and where can I get a good price".
read the threads again, the explain everything.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think he was asking for a dedicated, pinned thread where folks could post links to deals on i5/i7 machines. Right now there seem to be 3-4 different threads where people post that information.

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
read the threads again, the explain everything.
No, they don't. Past threads have nothing to do with current pricing. Prices change everyday. Deals are here, then they are gone. I'm talking about a thread that updates with current good deals on BI appropriate computers.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, they don't. Past threads have nothing to do with current pricing. Prices change everyday. Deals are here, then they are gone. I'm talking about a thread that updates with current good deals on BI appropriate computers.
yes, the threads are long and reflect current deals...simply go to the end...you need to read it...

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have read them all. Just trying to make it easy. No problem.

smittyjf

n3wb
Reaction score
Currently using a 7th gen core I7 with 16 gb ddr4 ram and it handles 50 ip cameras direct to disk with no problems. Average Bandwidth 2048 with anywhere from 10FPS to 25-30 on several of them.
Only using 35%CPU and very reliable. Running 3 16 port Gigabit POE switches and a Gigabit router.
Refurbished: Linksys EA3500-RM Dual-Band Wireless N750 Gigabit Router IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, IEEE 802.3/3u/3ab - Newegg.com
Acer Desktop Computer Aspire TC-780-UR12 Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700 (3.6 GHz) 16 GB DDR4 2 TB HDD Intel HD Graphics 630 Windows 10 Home 64-Bit - Newegg.com

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
A few weeks back, Fry's Electronics had that Acer Aspire TC-780-UR12 for $749 with free local delivery (I live close to one of their stores) so I bought one. Been very happy with the computer so far. I did have one problem though, when I activated the Intel HD hardware acceleration in Blue Iris I discovered the default Display adapter for the Intel HD Graphics 630 had a severe memory leak problem. After I updated the display adapter driver the memory leak went away.

smittyjf

n3wb
Reaction score
A few weeks back, Fry's Electronics had that Acer Aspire TC-780-UR12 for $749 with free local delivery (I live close to one of their stores) so I bought one. Been very happy with the computer so far. I did have one problem though, when I activated the Intel HD hardware acceleration in Blue Iris I discovered the default Display adapter for the Intel HD Graphics 630 had a severe memory leak problem. After I updated the display adapter driver the memory leak went away.
The price actually went up since I bought them (649.00). I do all the IT work for our company (Grocery Store Chain) We converted 2 stores so far from Geovision (Analog) to BI with Generic IP Varifocal Ip cameras. One store has 40 cameras and another has 50. 50 is pretty much the limit with this CPU, but I'm sure I could reduce the FPS and Bandwidth to add the 14 more it will hold. BI has been solid during the last 3 months. Running a 3tb storage (Holds about 2 weeks) and another 8tb that it moves to when that is filled. Probably looking at 60-70 days with 50 cameras that have motion 75% of the day.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Th
Currently using a 7th gen core I7 with 16 gb ddr4 ram and it handles 50 ip cameras direct to disk with no problems. Average Bandwidth 2048 with anywhere from 10FPS to 25-30 on several of them.
Only using 35%CPU and very reliable. Running 3 16 port Gigabit POE switches and a Gigabit router.
Refurbished: Linksys EA3500-RM Dual-Band Wireless N750 Gigabit Router IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, IEEE 802.3/3u/3ab - Newegg.com
Acer Desktop Computer Aspire TC-780-UR12 Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700 (3.6 GHz) 16 GB DDR4 2 TB HDD Intel HD Graphics 630 Windows 10 Home 64-Bit - Newegg.com
that acer is way over priced...
with i7-6700 going for about 450-500 and i7-7700 systems for 570 from dell (as per another user) these make no sense...the dell systems include windows pro as well as 3 year nbd warranty..