Best SCROLLING NVR , blue iris?

JoshCCTV

n3wb
Reaction score
IS there a way to be able to scroll through footage? Like some type of jogger that can literally load the video quickly. It seems so tedious to sort through the footage VIA internet explorer and the camera. I always have lockups too.

Does blue iris work well with all cameras? How are people using it? Are they recording to drive using blueiris instead of recording using the actual camera. I'm assuming that when blueiris is running the blue iris will record to disk. Does that mean i delete im record settings on the camera to avoid double recording?

When I did try iris it was running extremely slow... could this be the reason?

Thanks joshcctv

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
IS there a way to be able to scroll through footage? Like some type of jogger that can literally load the video quickly. It seems so tedious to sort through the footage VIA internet explorer and the camera. I always have lockups too.

Does blue iris work well with all cameras? How are people using it? Are they recording to drive using blueiris instead of recording using the actual camera. I'm assuming that when blueiris is running the blue iris will record to disk. Does that mean i delete im record settings on the camera to avoid double recording?

When I did try iris it was running extremely slow... could this be the reason?

Thanks joshcctv
With blue iris you can scrub the timeline to view the footage quickly or fastforward up to 256x.
You can still record to your camera if it has an sd card as a backup.

JoshCCTV

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok so sounds like blue iris will do that scrubbing well. How is everyone configuring there setup with the blue iris and the hikivision cameras? I also had a problem with the email function and gmail with the blue iris, it will not connect to gmail tried all ports. 25,465,587. Anyone have that issue?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so sounds like blue iris will do that scrubbing well. How is everyone configuring there setup with the blue iris and the hikivision cameras? I also had a problem with the email function and gmail with the blue iris, it will not connect to gmail tried all ports. 25,465,587. Anyone have that issue?
Blue iris works just fine with gmail. You need to set gmail to accept less secure connections (google it).