best settings for dahua web GUI

GKyle840

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a IPC-HDW5231R-ZE and was wondering what the best settings were for this camera.
I am using blue iris if that makes a difference in any of the settings. everything seems really washed out at night with the IR.
I have included a few screen shots of my current settings which should all be factory default.
not shown in the screen shot, I have fluency set at normal, backlight mode off, white balance is set to day and auto (it wont let me change it to night) I am not sure whether to enable the day/night schedule on here or do it through BI?

Attachments

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Reduce your frame rate to 15 and Iframe to 15. Your current setting have the Iframe update every 2 sec, which is a long time when scene has movement. I would recommend using a variable bit rate (VBR) to increase your storage, especially if you have lots of quite scenes. As far as your noise reduction settings, you will have to play around with it for you environment, not a one size fits all setting.

GKyle840

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
in regards to the frame rate and iframe, why is it better to reduce the number?
also why is it better to reduce the noise reduction? I am just curious to learn more about it, I have just changed these 3 settings to what you guys specified.

I have a couple more questions on the settings as well.
1. is the bitrate good at 4096?
2. under the backlight setting, is it good to have WDR turned on? I have only tried it tonight while the camera is in color mode at night due to my porch light and I *think it makes the lighting better
3. should smart codec remain off?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Too much noise reduction can cause blur.
The Iframe question, If they don't match, you run the risk of missing something in the 2sec lag.
1-Yes
2-WDR is generally only used during daylight hours, but every location is different, test your settings by walking in front of the cam.
3-yes, off.
Remember, it is easy to make a static scene look good, but what counts is capturing motion, so you must do walk test's.

GKyle840

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks! I was going for a nice clear static scene and didn't think of the motion.
Would it ever be advised to keep the IR off at night and use the light from the porch and keep everything in color?
How do I control the IR from blue Iris?
I can only get it to work from the web gui.
The BI infrared button doesn't do anything.