Best value / performance PTZ for home usage?

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for that! Do you have a picture of how it looks outside your home from the street? I am genuinely interested.
99% of the people that come to my house who dont already know that I have surveillance cameras never even notice the PTZ

Here's a video from today for a Whole Foods delivery

I'll post a video of a night capture later tonight

Attachments

Last edited:

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I found this link, it looks like the same camera but a little shipper, check it out.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I found this link, it looks like the same camera but a little shipper, check it out.
I've heard many horror stories on here from other people who thought they were getting a good deal and ended up with a fake Hikvision, an OEM, a Chinese cam with english firmware etc. I've found 2 good suppliers in the last 3 years who have provided me with genuine Hikvision international cameras. You can try that supplier if you'd like but just beware there are many fake sellers out there.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I am aware of these OEM cameras from china, well lets see if Juan responds to my messages, if you could post some night vision captures I would appreciate it , I was looking in you tube for this information but they only have day captures.
Regards.
Chewie

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Coney27
The contact person you purchased the camera from, is her name Juan Chen? did they send you a link where you can order the camera?
Please let me Know.
Regards.
Chewie

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So here's one nighttime video of a passing car. My camera is forced into day mode as I have enough ambient light coming from my flood lights to illuminate my front yard. I will attempt to take another video of the camera forced into night mode later this week if I can get to it. I have also attached a picture I took from last night of my front yard using my Samsung Galaxy S10+ so you can get a idea of how dark it really is in my neighborhood.

@chewie yes her name is Juan Chen

Attachments

Last edited:

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks coney27 wow it is dark, the front of my house has a lot of light one of the street lights is in front of the house a little to the left, I should be ordering the camera today, they gave me the same price as yours but I had to tell them the price you paid.
the Camera is back order and with the Chinese new year coming up, the camera is going to ship at the end of February.
Thanks again.
Regards

mow4cash

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks coney27 wow it is dark, the front of my house has a lot of light one of the street lights is in front of the house a little to the left, I should be ordering the camera today, they gave me the same price as yours but I had to tell them the price you paid.
the Camera is back order and with the Chinese new year coming up, the camera is going to ship at the end of February.
Thanks again.
Regards
Mine was $423 shipped to USA. So far it seems like a great camera. Shipping was quick. I got the last one they had in stock.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you guys powering these cameras with the power adaptor that came with the camera or using a POE+ switch?

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I use the power adapter that came with the camera. Works perfectly fine with my run.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Gents
Here are some pictures of the front of my house, as you can see there is lots on light , just wondering if there is to much light for this camera to work properly, I am planning to install this camera in the front of the house also.
Let me know what you think.
Regards.
Chewie

Attachments

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello Gents
Here are some pictures of the front of my house, as you can see there is lots on light , just wondering if there is to much light for this camera to work properly, I am planning to install this camera in the front of the house also.
Regards.
Chewie
@chewie Your worried about there being too much ambient light?:lmao: I wish I had that "problem". I'm 99% sure the cam will stay in daytime mode and you'll have excellent night captures.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello Gents
Regards.
Chewie
Camera will work great.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Fair enough as I don't have that specific camera, but I do have a couple cheap ones from Jidetech which have a similar price point and specs and they are awesome. I have about 15 camera between my office and home. Some of them are Hikvision, Dahua, Trendnet, etc. I'd say the Jidetech is the best bang for the buck. The pan and tilt is a little sluggish, but aside from that, its great. I suppose it may depend on the application, but for me, $500 would be a waste.

I'd also like to add that I am not any kind of authority on this subject. I wouldn't even call myself an enthusiast. There are probably lots of things I haven't considered.
I tried 2 Jidetech cams for interests sake and returned them both. Terrible software, buggy, their "lower resolution" modes just cropped down the image, junk to me. Reminds me why I stick with Dahua's.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks coney27 it looks awesome, I have to wait about 2 months for my camera, the wait is killing me lol.
Regards.
Chewie

clubbevis

n3wb
Reaction score
Great deal except for that pesky $100 shipping charge. LMFAO