Best value / performance PTZ for home usage?

clubbevis

n3wb
Reaction score
This is a sample of the smart tracking. I have tweaked the cameras setting since then to optimize the captures.
Also I have attached a screen shot zoomed all the way out of the roving gang in my neighborhood and also another screen shot of a suspicious vehicle which was parked approximately 120 feet away from the camera.

I'll try to upload another video later displaying the smart tracking.
thanks, that's impressive as hell

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I paid about $35-40 for shipping from China. Still significantly cheaper than buying it in the USA.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, finally getting my camera next week and I am scare to open it up because of the coronavirus, any body has received packages from china lately? is it safe?

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Mr. coney27, I am bench testing this camera and is working good, the only problem I am having is that blue iris does not move the camera, PTZ is not working, my other PTZ cameras work fine, if I use the web interface it moves the camera, do you know which version of BLUE IRIS you are running, maybe that is the problem.
Please let me know.
Regards.
Chewie

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Mr. coney27
I found the problem, under PTZ/control the camera was set to hikvison/Abus, I change it to Hikvision DS-2DE/2DF-AE and PTZ woks now in blue iris.
Regards.
Chewie

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello All
Got my camera set up, the auto tracking works really good.
I am not sure if you can see this clip or I have to post it in you tube first.
Regards.

Attachments

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ptimus - I got the Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE, I am still learning on setting the camera, I need to work on the focus pattern while is auto tracking , I uploaded some clips to you tube hopefully I can paste them here, so far so good, the colors at night are ok, I which they were better, during the day the colors are better, I going to paste 6 clips, I noticed that this camera at the end of the auto tracking sometimes it keeps on panning and it does this for a while, the problem is intermittent and you can see it on clip # 6.
Maybe someone here knows how to fix it, I would appreciate if they let me know.
Let me know if you can not see the clips.
Regards,
Chewie

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's finally time. I am updating my install of 6 (?) year old 3 MP HikVisions.

Seems like $400-600 now buys a nice PTZ. I like the DS-2DE4A425IW-DE because it's discreet, and also a hikvision, so I assume learning curve a touch easier than the dahua's I'm not used to. I want one for garage to grab much higher res from cars' plates that come down our road.

Can anybody confirm the following about this camera? BTW I will NOT be using a DVR system. I will record all footage to the on board micro SD. I've never used a DVR. My current cameras all record to NAS.

Questions!

• Will this camera work with iVMS-4500 (iphone app)? If so, to what degree? I assume viewing live, playback, and moving the camera
  • Will it be accessible in browser? Most of my current cams' firmware is so old that only 1-2 PCs I still have with internet explorer work to manage the cameras
  • Is it capable of sending event images to an FTP server?
  • Does it remember its presets well--for weeks or months on end, or does it creep over time?
  • What's the best US vendor for this (e.g. cheapest, but a legitimate camera)?

Thanks!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's finally time. I am updating my install of 6 (?) year old 3 MP HikVisions.

Seems like $400-600 now buys a nice PTZ. I like the DS-2DE4A425IW-DE because it's discreet, and also a hikvision, so I assume learning curve a touch easier than the dahua's I'm not used to. I want one for garage to grab much higher res from cars' plates that come down our road.

Can anybody confirm the following about this camera? BTW I will NOT be using a DVR system. I will record all footage to the on board micro SD. I've never used a DVR. My current cameras all record to NAS.

Questions!

• Will this camera work with iVMS-4500 (iphone app)? If so, to what degree? I assume viewing live, playback, and moving the camera
  • Will it be accessible in browser? Most of my current cams' firmware is so old that only 1-2 PCs I still have with internet explorer work to manage the cameras
  • Is it capable of sending event images to an FTP server?
  • Does it remember its presets well--for weeks or months on end, or does it creep over time?
  • What's the best US vendor for this (e.g. cheapest, but a legitimate camera)?

Thanks!
Go here LPR | IP Cam Talk for LPR research.

alshaikh85

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All
Got my camera set up, the auto tracking works really good.
I am not sure if you can see this clip or I have to post it in you tube first.
Regards.
Hello Chewie,

Kindly share the link of the online store from which you bought the camera.

Thanks

Hussain