Best way to buy from Andy?

clean

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey there. Do you guys buy directly from him? Through email? .... Or does he have a website for this?

Thanks in advance.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey there. Do you guys buy directly from him? Through email? .... Or does he have a website for this?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Clean,

I purchased through Aliexpress due to a promotion Ali was running for new users. I found Aliexpress and CC fraud detection algorithms / settings can be problematic - even when shipping to location listed on CC record. Paypal I heard is easier to use, definitely recommend emailing him.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Clean,

I purchased through Aliexpress due to a promotion Ali was running for new users. I found Aliexpress and CC fraud detection algorithms / settings can be problematic - even when shipping to location listed on CC record. Paypal I heard is easier to use, definitely recommend emailing him.
Matt is correct, aliexpress will require driver license copy, this may threat your private message safe. In China, all of customers data are selling online, this is crazy. We can get many phones everyday for selling something, even fraud. Aliexpress may do better, but who knows.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
U need to show a license to buy from ali express? Wow. Thats nuts.
Sometimes they ask for it if they suspect it is not you, there have been a number of people on various forms talking about it and discussing how to reject that demand.
iirc they've found other ways to confirm w/o giving copy of ID.

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Andy direct is best.
He shipped same day I ordered it. Had it here in the USA 7 days later, fastest China-USA shipment I have ever had.

Hirize

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Andy direct was how I went and he shipped quick. Good businessman!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Andy direct was how I went and he shipped quick. Good businessman!
maybe open a shop on Amazon, and ship from CHina, lol. ..but Amazon crazy guy will take 13% away. So the cost will increase 13%.maybe sell to normal buyers not a bad idea.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
maybe open a shop on Amazon, and ship from CHina, lol. ..but Amazon crazy guy will take 13% away. So the cost will increase 13%.maybe sell to normal buyers not a bad idea.
The biggest challenge for you there would be dealing with returns and providing support to incompetent users and dealing with amazon's policies on returns. Returns for user error could be pretty brutal.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
But aliexpress/alibaba does not do it for free either i guess.

I used aliexpress for all my camera buys from Andy. The last 5 are on their way now.
Perhaps for lpr i might need one later, but i need to know how my vision on the road is before i buy one for that.

Last edited:

SLC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy as well, is there a list of stuffs somewhere?
Generally you have determined the cameras you want/need then you can email Andy direct kingsecurity2014@163.com and he can send you a PayPal invoice. Be sure to let him know you are an ipcamtalk member and he will give you discounts. If you need help in determining what cameras you need you should start a thread in the new members introductions or start reading some of the threads to help you determine what you need. If you start a new thread try to include as much information on what you are trying to accomplish, budget, maybe some pics of your place if you need help determining camera placement, etc.