Best way to downgrade Blue Iris without losing settings/recordings?

Reaction score
Trying to downgrade to 4.4.7 from 4.4.8.4 as there's currently a problem with my Blue Iris after it updated.

I downloaded a 4.4.7.4 update exe file but I'm concerned if I run it that it will get rid of all of my settings/recordings and that I'll have to manually connect all of my cameras again.

I just want to downgrade the version while having everything the same. How do I do this?

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just run the old update file and you'll be fine. all the settings will remain. you can always export the settings as well, just in case. hit the gear button in the top left corner, then hit the export button.

i would try the newer version first though, 4.4.8.9 is out now.

Refresh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am also running into an issue with the latest BI update where BI is unresponsive and keeps crashing. How did you manage to downgrade and where did you get the download file from?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am also running into an issue with the latest BI update where BI is unresponsive and keeps crashing. How did you manage to downgrade and where did you get the download file from?

Thanks
You should be manually downloading the update files, this way you have it to revert back..if you search the forum you will find users who have posted earlier versions.

Refresh

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I've tried looking and there seems to be loads of dead links. I'll try starting a new tread instead.