BI 5 and Auto Tracking

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm running BI 5 and have a Dahua SD49225XA-HNR that has auto tracking. Yesterday I was monitoring the system, and noticed it tracking people as they walked by, today when I go through the clips on my phone (through the BI Android app), I don't see that footage, only just cars going past the camera.
all the settings I've set up for the 49225 have been through the cameras GUI, and when I added the camera to BI I just added it as a camera, and enabled the ptz setting.

ideas?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If motion is not configured in BI, Or BI is not configured to pull camera alerts that are defined in the camera. There will be no alerts. There is no magic.

I am not familiar with the Dahua SD49225XA-HNR

Reaction score
In BlueIris go to the PTZ settings for the camera and uncheck "Suspend Motion Detection". This feature will prevent BI from detecting motion while the camera is utilizing the PTZ function.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What are your motion detection settings? Might not be sensitive enough
I used the setting from user steevee posted in another thread. It will track me as I walk up to the house (I can see and hear the lense moving), but it doesn't link it as motion for some reason.
I can take a picture of all the settings if it'll help.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also just scrubbed through today's footage, it definitely is recording the tracking footage, but it doesn't show up as a motion clip on the blue iris app, or on the left pannel of Blue Iris.

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For BI to tag as a recording Set up onvif in the camera with same user and password and then setup pullpoint subscriptions in BI and it will show the alert as onvif

Mr-Gizmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also just scrubbed through today's footage, it definitely is recording the tracking footage, but it doesn't show up as a motion clip on the blue iris app, or on the left pannel of Blue Iris.
That's because you are recording Continuous, so the footage is recorded to a BVR file. The problem is Blue Iris is missing motion triggers, so it is not creating Alert images to where motion was triggered in your recorded footage.

This may be the result of you enabling "Object detection". Object detection can cause motion triggered events to be missed, so you may need to adjust "Min object size" and "min contrast" in motion sensor settings so they are more sensitivity as well as adjusting "Object size exceed" and "Object travels (pixels)" .

If you are not using Zones in your motion detection, then I would recommend un-selecting "Object detection.

Update: I think I see the problem. Change Algorithm from Edge vector to Basic. Edge vector has been problematic with missing triggered events.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's because you are recording Continuous, so the footage is recorded to a BVR file. The problem is Blue Iris is missing motion triggers, so it is not creating Alert images to where motion was triggered in your recorded footage.

This may be the result of you enabling "Object detection". Object detection can cause motion triggered events to be missed, so you may need to adjust "Min object size" and "min contrast" in motion sensor settings so they are more sensitivity as well as adjusting "Object size exceed" and "Object travels (pixels)" .

If you are not using Zones in your motion detection, then I would recommend un-selecting "Object detection.

Update: I think I see the problem. Change Algorithm from Edge vector to Basic. Edge vector has been problematic with missing triggered events.
I'll try the basic option. Thanks for the idea! I'll report back

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Where is that setting? I cant seem to find it

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You need to change it on all cameras in Blue Iris camera settings -> Trigger tab and click on configure button.
View attachment 53340
Thanks!!!! I hadn't seen that screen before. I set my ptz to your settings, we'll see how it works.

Do you happen to know how facial recognization or licence plate logging works in BI5? My camera will do it, but i haven't seen anywhere in BI for it.