BI 5 Continous recording inconsistancies - Its probably me...

pochrist

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed a few systems a few years back using BI 4, so I have some experience with the software but those systems are Motions Trigger only. The system in my home is a BI 5 system and while for the most part they work fine, I find that I need to set the system to perform continuous recording over night. So the problem I have run into is that some cameras are just still running motion detection and other don't even trigger. I have setup Day and Night Profiles and Schedules Day is Motion triggered from 7:30am -10:00pm and Night is (supposed to be Continuous Recording) 10:00pm - 7:30am.

I have attached screen shots of what I assume are the dialog boxes that control the problems area I am having - Also I have confirmed that my Clip Storage is not the culprit

Maybe some one will see a red flag I mis-configured

Thanks in advance

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
For starters, there is no need for limiting files by size and a number of days. Leave it at size only.

If you want your night profile to record continuously and on alerts, or on triggers (note that there is a difference), just select that. You have your night profile set to continuous only. Keep in min that with continuous recording alerts and triggers are nothing more than markers in the database to those events and not discrete files.

record settings.JPG

pochrist

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow just checked to verify that all the cam were just straight up recording and All of them (with the exception of a single wifi Amcrest I have in the house) say no signal from the start of the profile.

The only changes I made was from "Continuous" to Continuous + Triggered" and Setting the files for Size only, Not days.

Any ideas would be great I feel like I can only Motion detect, I tried this a few ago and it did the same thing so i set it back to Motion only till yesterday.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Since you are recording the "No Signal", can you determine when the cameras go off line? Are they going off all together, or just one at a time over a prolonged period of time?

pochrist

n3wb
Reaction score
cams
Since you are recording the "No Signal", can you determine when the cameras go off line? Are they going off all together, or just one at a time over a prolonged period of time?
I have large gaps where the schedule for Night is told to start at 10 pm

10:00pm10:45pmNo activity from all cams
10:45pm11:39pmonly 2 out of 9 show activity
11:39pm5:30amNo activity from all cams
5:30am5:45amonly 2 out of 9 show activity - same cams as row 2
5:45am6:15amNo activity from all cams
6:15am7:30amonly 3 out of 9 show activity
7:30amSchedule sets cam back to Motion only

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
How did you bring the cameras into BI,? Did you use find/inspect? What brands and models are the cameras?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a Reolink that routinely drops out as well. In my case I'm using it just to monitor the habits of a problematic ground hog so it's not important at all. Reolink and Blue Iris do not play well together and I suspect that's where the problem is coming from. Their encoding is non-standard. You may improve things by trying different models in the drop down list for Reolink cameras in BI.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
You didn't post your Trigger pages. How is your Make time set? Try the Simple Algorithm . maybe turn off Object Detection selection.
I have never set up my day and night to different recording Profile types ( no experience) using that BI scheduler. If you have enough disk space maybe leave everything on Profile 1 with Continous + Triggers, and get 1 profile working on Continous + whatever, Alerts or triggers. and see if eliminating the scheduler does anything.

Attachments

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Are the Reolink cameras on the latest firmware version? Reolink recently updated it to allow flexible i-frames. This is one change (and there may be others) that have allowed the Reolink to be more stable with BI.

pochrist

n3wb
Reaction score
You didn't post your Trigger pages. How is your Make time set? Try the Simple Algorithm . maybe turn off Object Detection selection.
I have never set up my day and night to different recording Profile types ( no experience) using that BI scheduler. If you have enough disk space maybe leave everything on Profile 1 with Continous + Triggers, and get 1 profile working on Continous + whatever, Alerts or triggers. and see if eliminating the scheduler does anything.
So I just applied the setting to all the camera on the Night profile one by one.
I also earlier made sure every camera was pointed to the correct port, and set all of them to use RTSP H.64 with a trigger on ONVIF events.
I'll have to see the results in the AM.

Thanks

pochrist

n3wb
Reaction score
Well that was a dud... starting to wonder if it can be even done so I am going to scrap the schedules and try to have the system continuously record....
The question came up the cam are on the latest firmware.

pochrist

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok so at around 9:30am I killed the Night schedule and set all the cams to the same profile all recording continuous + trigger.

So far as of now 8:51 pm they are all on and recording. Seems like I have crack the code as to how to mix the a Dual schedule setup. I'm sure the developers put it there for a reason.

After all regardless of the Manufacturer at the end of the day its just "dumb" video stream traveling over network cable. Unless a company actively locks down a unit or severely restricts modification network setting and protocols you could record off an old webcam.