Bi 5 loses license on every reboot

cagenuts

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm running Windows Server 2016 Standard Version 1607 (build 14393.3504) with BI 5.1.0.0 x64. We have load shedding (scheduled power outages, a third world issue) most weeks and when power is restored and the server boots up again, the BI license is missing and I'm prompted to punch it in.

This happens EVERY SINGLE TIME. My BI server at home does not have this issue.

Server has 2,13 gigahertz Intel Xeon E5606 (2 installed) processors and 16Gb RAM.

Is there something I can do please?

I have not tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I could.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm running Windows Server 2016 Standard Version 1607 (build 14393.3504) with BI 5.1.0.0 x64. We have load shedding (scheduled power outages, a third world issue) most weeks and when power is restored and the server boots up again, the BI license is missing and I'm prompted to punch it in.

This happens EVERY SINGLE TIME. My BI server at home does not have this issue.

Server has 2,13 gigahertz Intel Xeon E5606 (2 installed) processors and 16Gb RAM.

Is there something I can do please?

I have not tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I could.
Are you using the same key in another location? Where did you purchase the key ?

Reaction score
Good point. I don't think so as I bought three licenses from BI directly and the other two systems are fine. I'll check though.
I had same issue. I contacted BI support and duplicate license usage was their determination. I only have one installation, and its new as of this year. They were very prompt in correcting the issue.