BI-5 Remote Management? Anyone using it?

Discussion in 'Blue Iris' started by TJH, Jun 10, 2019.

Share This Page

1. pov2

pov2 Getting the hang of it

I came here to look for this answer. I was hoping that a license is needed only on the machine with cameras. Even the two license types differentiate by the number of cameras used. I thought I could install BI5 on a couple of other machines without licenses and periodically connect to the server with cameras. It seems illogical to require licenses for the "client" machines without cameras. Does anybody know if it's an overthought or an early "glitch", or this requirement is stated somewhere?

2. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

Its a requirement. Additional licenses can be purchased for 30/35 dollars from support.

3. marklyn

marklyn Getting the hang of it

I just installed BI5 on my laptop to test out Remote management and *really* like it. Convenient but not sure I'd pay for a full license to use it.
    Question: when I launch BI5 on my laptop I do get the 15 day evaluation splash screen but when I press Demo button and launch the remote management button at top, it fully loads remote management but there is no demo indication.
    Does that mean after 15 days BI5 will stop completely and I won't even be able to launch it to get into remote management?
    I'm asking now because I remember when I had a demo version of BI that it would say demo on the camera screens but doesn't in remote management.

4. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

You dont see the demo on the camera video because you are logged in to the remote system which is not a demo. The demo will not let you do this after 15 days.
    You can buy a second license at a discount from the developer, for v4 it was 30, for v5 i would assume 35. That is nothing in the grand scheme of vms pricing and about 10 bux a year over the likely term of bi5.

TL1096r and marklyn like this.