BI-5 Remote Management? Anyone using it?

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would try updating both machines to current version...lot of changes since 5.0.0.48, also make sure both machines run BI as service.
Why do you think the 5.0.0.48 is being discussed here? It's 5.0.2.5 now. And why do you want both machines to run BI as service? I understand the main one ("server") with the cameras should run as service but the "client" machine running as service will increase the CPU utilization of the "server" machine keeping the remote connection active even when not needed.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Why do you think the 5.0.0.48 is being discussed here? It's 5.0.2.5 now. And why do you want both machines to run BI as service? I understand the main one ("server") with the cameras should run as service but the "client" machine running as service will increase the CPU utilization of the "server" machine keeping the remote connection active even when not needed.
Well just looking at his error:

Annotation 2019-09-11 141615.jpg

You are wrong...the client must be run in service mode (remote system) and Also if you have any cameras on main system recording, they will be shut down when you connect to client UNLESS you run main as service. In my experimenting with remote management I find my main machine also will crash unless I run them both as a service....this could be due to the number of cameras I have that are doing a continuous recording.

Last edited:

Jaxon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting, that trace log I posted isn't reflecting the correct version as I have 5.0.2.5 x64 installed on both.

upload_2019-9-11_19-26-35.png

The main BI, the one with the cameras and doing the recording is running as a service. My client side BI wasn't running as a service, (it didn't occur to me to set it that way) but now is. I'll give that shot, and in just some very quick testing does seem stable. Thank you for suggesting that. :)

The irritating thing now is how the client side BI is only showing a single camera at a time in the main window though "All cameras" is selected. Hopefully this turns out to be finger trouble.

Edit: YUP 100% between the keyboard and the chair, I had selected "solo camera" :facepalm:
Edit 2: The second install of BI is now performing really well now that it's running as a service. Very happy with the purchase of the second license.

Last edited: