BI and problems with motion detection

Reaction score
Hi i have been a BI user for many years, but since the settings for motion detection has been changed i new BI updates, i got major problems with falce detections from the road outside our house, you can see the road up in the left corner in the pic. I only want BI to start recording when something move inside the yellow box, and exclude movement outside the yellow box. I dont understand the use of zone in the new versions, so please help me to fix my little problem.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
rea
Hi i have been a BI user for many years, but since the settings for motion detection has been changed i new BI updates, i got major problems with falce detections from the road outside our house, you can see the road up in the left corner in the pic. I only want BI to start recording when something move inside the yellow box, and exclude movement outside the yellow box. I dont understand the use of zone in the new versions, so please help me to fix my little problem.
read the help file...also see this Blue Iris Video Tutorials

Reaction score
Believe me - i have done that several times but i dont understand a word of it, in old versions i could mark the area i dont want motion detection from black and thats it, simple and great for my use. Now i have problems with cars driving on the road at night with lights on and 100 of falce clips. Great :(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Believe me - i have done that several times but i dont understand a word of it, in old versions i could mark the area i dont want motion detection from black and thats it, simple and great for my use. Now i have problems with cars driving on the road at night with lights on and 100 of falce clips. Great :(
impossible...you didnt read it or watch the video...
the help file tells you exactly what to do..for basic motion detection like the old version all you need to do is cover the area in zone A that you WANT detected...there are many more options now making it much more accurate, for that you need to spend a few minuets reading...

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
It sounds like the OP has problems with vehicle lights moving across his driveway and causing what he thinks are false alerts. There isn't much to be done to eliminate those kinds of false alerts because there IS motion in his driveway- the moving lights from vehicles. The best cure for that is a PIR hooked into the driveway camera. I have two levels of motion alert sensitivity on my driveway cams. One for flagging events down to coon/cat size and another for email notifications when people/cars enter the driveway. Turning cars playing their lights across the driveway still trigger the harder-to-activate email alerts, although it is MUCH MUCH better. Cars driving straight past don't trigger it.