BI and Swann IP Cameras (HD) - Specifically nhd-806

znelbok

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys New here and just getting in NVR's. I have a Swann nhd-806 HD camera (720P) and I was wondering how to get it to work with Blue Iris. Reading different places it appears that Swann use customised firmware and don't make it easy to use their cameras with anything but the Swann software. Try as I may, I have not had any success yet in getting this working in BI. Can anyone offer any suggestions to help out please. I am a noob to cameras, BI and NVR's in general Thanks Mick

khx73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is a short thread about it here that mentions an RTSP request address for its main stream. You should be able to get it going in BI using that info, provided you've got the cam configured on your network at least.

znelbok

n3wb
Reaction score
Thankyou

Just for the record, I got it working and here are the settings

Media/video/RTSP Port - 554
Path - /h264Preview_01_main
Make/Model - RTSP H.264/MJPG/MPEG4

Default User: admin
Default PW: 12345

khx73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice. No doubt will help someone someday googling for answers...

znelbok

n3wb
Reaction score
This thread would be useless without it. There is no point keeping it to myself, that is what the forums are for - sharing the knowledge to help others.

soneal4

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear god, Thank you guys. I have been messing with this for weeks trying to get these cams to work. You guys are miracle workers

OBXJeepGuy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Apologies for digging up an old thread, but I am also trying to get the NHD805-CAM to work on BI with no results.