BI and zwave hubs

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anybody successfully integrated BI with a zwave hub? There seem to be a couple products that advertise the capability but based on some initial research fall short in actual implementation. The Homeseer S6 was one I looked at.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anybody successfully integrated BI with a zwave hub? There seem to be a couple products that advertise the capability but based on some initial research fall short in actual implementation. The Homeseer S6 was one I looked at.
there are threads on vera and samsung

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Vera looks promising. I have an older Interlogix alarm system and have scheduled an upgrade which adds cellular connection and zwave control capability through alarm.com with smartphone interfaces. Benefit is I can remotely arm/disarm and check status of all entry sensors. They are also going to drop some trigger wires for me to connect to NVR. Problem is I can't customize this and interoperability is very limited with other systems. I am considering adding a separate zwave hub to control thermostats lights etc and interact with BI.

n3wb
Reaction score
How would you like to integrate it? For HomeSeer there is BlueIris plug-in. Via plug-in you you get notification of BI triggers and such. What you are going to do with these notifications is up to you. You can turn porch lights on (via HomeSeer's Z-Wave plug-in) when BI triggers motion alert. You can sound siren if it's Z-Wave/WiFi/etc. enabled. You can do so many things that only imagination and budget are limit.

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Homeseer system is VERY pricey compared to other options.

Agree there are many options as long as there is some interoperability between the systems.