BI Android App - Cannot reboot or restart camera

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am out of town and one of my cameras has quit. I would like to try a Restart or Reboot from within the app Settings page but when I click on these choices it does nothing. I have also tried to Restart cameras that are working properly but still get no reaction. All of my other app functions work perfectly. What can I do to Reboot a camera remotely?

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the cam powered by a POE switch?
Can you remote into your BI server with RDP such as Teamviewer, etc. ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am out of town and one of my cameras has quit. I would like to try a Restart or Reboot from within the app Settings page but when I click on these choices it does nothing. I have also tried to Restart cameras that are working properly but still get no reaction. All of my other app functions work perfectly. What can I do to Reboot a camera remotely?
This command only works with some cameras and more importantly can not reboot a camera that it cannot connect to.

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman. I am usung a POE bullet cam and it does make sense that I can't reboot a camera that I cannot connect to. I have a feeling that if I was at home and was able to recycle the camera's power it would come back online, as it has in the past. I was hoping that BI might be able to trigger the POE from afar with the app. Please tell me this; If a camera is capable of being reset from the app should this be as simple as just tapping the RESTART icon for that camera in Settings, or is there more to the process.