BI App and VPN connection issue

darrenph1

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I am running into a weird issue. I am running OpenVPN on an ERL. I can connect to the VPN from my iPhone fine, the problem is the BI app says "Unable to make connection; check server address".

Here's the weird part, I can connect to the BI CPU using the Microsoft RD app when on the VPN as well as see the cams through the webpage access in mobile safari. The BI App works fine when I'm just using wifi on the home network.

I'm sure this is an id10t error and I'm missing something simple but I'm not sure what to try next...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I am running into a weird issue. I am running OpenVPN on an ERL. I can connect to the VPN from my iPhone fine, the problem is the BI app says "Unable to make connection; check server address".

Here's the weird part, I can connect to the BI CPU using the Microsoft RD app when on the VPN as well as see the cams through the webpage access in mobile safari. The BI App works fine when I'm just using wifi on the home network.

I'm sure this is an id10t error and I'm missing something simple but I'm not sure what to try next...
make sure you enter your local lan ip into both the wan and lan boxes.