BI App (Android) fails to connect over 3G/4G

tsutton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

Got an interesting issue here... and I am hoping you could help!

Latest BI software on both app & installed on server.

4 cams connected here. 2 as Continuous recording. The other two are When Triggered.

I launch the BI app on my Android phone, connected over my local WiFi. I go to the Alerts listing and can view them without any issue.

But when connected to 3G or 4G, going to the alert listing would just cause for the BI app to log off as soon as I tapped on a date/time of an logged event.

Question: Is it an issue with my 3G/4G connection? Or my ISP? I am currently connected as 56Mbps down and 14 Mbps up which, in my view, should be quick enough.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

fajardoj36

n3wb
Reaction score
While researching BI on YT I came across a video where someone was having a very similar issue. Im not sure what was done to resolve but I believe he had a resolution, wish I could link the vid but cant find it again, try searching "Blue Iris setup"

tsutton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, but I couldn't find it. if you (or anyone) is able to find it, that would be good.

It's a bit frustrating not being able to view them while away from home!

While researching BI on YT I came across a video where someone was having a very similar issue. Im not sure what was done to resolve but I believe he had a resolution, wish I could link the vid but cant find it again, try searching "Blue Iris setup"

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have VPN setup on your router and phone?
If so, you need to use the local IP of your network in the remote app.

tsutton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you have VPN setup on your router and phone?
If so, you need to use the local IP of your network in the remote app.
I have no problem with connecting as mentioned in my first post. Just that it fails to connect when going to the alerts listing.

Thanks.

tsutton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just remembered something... were you logged on to YouTube when you found that video? If so, go to your Browsing History - History - YouTube - hopefully you will find it there?

tsutton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I believe this is it
Thanks, but it describes about port forwarding... I already have it all set up. I can connect to it and VIEW the live footage without any issue via my Android app.

It's only an issue when I go to VIEW the alerts listing, it disconnects me. :/

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, but it describes about port forwarding... I already have it all set up. I can connect to it and VIEW the live footage without any issue via my Android app.

It's only an issue when I go to VIEW the alerts listing, it disconnects me. :/
have you emailed support?